09 | CHAPTER NINE

LILLIAN MARCH SAT IN THE RICH AND FANCY home of the Larsoningtons. She felt out of place. They lived very luxuries and she lived very low class. But they still accepted her non the less. She was dressed in one of the dresses Aunt March had gifted her. It was a deep blue color with a light blue trace.

"Now Lillian, how did my brother here rope you into his romantic gestures." Dorian, Noah's younger brother said. Lily smiled up at him and placed her tea down, "Well we met at a party. If that is what you mean." She spoke as everyone's eyes were on her. Dorian shook his head.

"No, i've heard everything about you and him. I'm just confused, a smart girl like you would know that Noah isn't who he says he is." Dorian said and Noah leaned towards him and hit his shoulder. He faced a confused Lily with what looked like a genuine smile. "He's being ridiculous. He's just jealous that i've met such a lovely lady like you." He spoke eying his brother.

Lily nodded and she cleared her throat, "Well I ought to be going home right about now. I'm sure my sisters are grasping for attention." She half joked as she stood up. Noah stood as well, "I'll take you in the carriage." He offered and she shook her head, "I'd love to walk. It's so beautiful outside." She said waving goodbye as she walked out, "Thank you so much for the lovely evening. I had so much fun." She said as she walked out of the house.

______

ONCE LILY ARRIVED HOME HER SISTERS BLURTED question after question at her. She answered most of them but they soon got back on track. "I'll go into town for the groceries, Jo could you go get some more fire wood?" Meg asked and Jo nodded.

"You all haven't seen the Hummels. We should go." Beth said and Lily nodded but before she could say anything Jo shook her head, "Oh Bethy we barely have enough to feed ourselves plus I need to finish this story." She said making Lily and Beth frown.

"Marmee said that we-" Lily was cut off by Amy, "Marmee says so many things we can't possibly do them all." She said as Jo and Meg nodded along side the girl. Lily scoffed, "That isn't nice. They need more help then us, don't be so selfish!" She said as all the girls looked at her.

"But Lily and I always go and you haven't been keeping up with your tasks." Beth said and Lily nodded. "We work!" Jo fought. "Don't worry sweet girls, we'll fine time." Meg said her voice southing. "It's been weeks!" Lily argued. They needed more help then them, why couldn't they just go visit? "We'll go soon!" Jo snapped.

All of a sudden Amy started to yell, "My foot is stuck!" As she hobbled around trying to kick the bucket off her foot. Jo laughed and Meg tried to help her. Beth grabbed Lily's hand. "Fine, we'll go ourselves." Beth spoke being ignored as they walked out of the house.

_____

THE TWO MARCH SISTERS WERE ON THEIR WAY back to their home hand in hand. They had dropped off some food and helped take care of the baby that was ill. Lily's eyes grew tired and she coughed a bit. Beth faced her, "Are you quite alright?" She asked and Lily nodded a small smile on her face. "Don't worry about me Bethy." She reassured.

The two walked in and Jo handed Beth a letter as they covered up something behind them. "It's from an older gentlemen." Jo said a huge grin on her face. The girls couldn't hold it in anymore and moved and watched as Beth looked at the brand new piano from Mr.Laurence.

Beth handed Jo the letter, "You read it, i'm to overwhelmed." She said and Jo nodded, "Miss Beth March. I've had many pairs of slippers in my life, but i've never had one that fit me as well as yours did. And they will always remind me of the gentle giver. I'd like to give back. I hope you except this gift. Your grateful friend and humble servant, James Laurence." Joe read as Amy jumped up and down.

The three girls were so obsessed with the piano they didn't notice Beth leave or they Lily was coughing up a lung. Meg finally turned around but was met with a red faced Lily. Meg stepped forward but Lily coughed up a big cough and she fell to the ground her eyes rolling to the back of her head.

_____

LILLIAN AND BETH MARCH WERE SICK. THE doctor stood up and walked up to the March's, The Laurences, and Noah and Dorian. "Their resting." The doctor told Hannah. "Are they okay? Is there anything we can do?" Mr.Laurence asked.

"What is it?" Hannah asked looking at the worried look in the doctors face. "It's the scarlet fever." The doctor said. "What's the scarlet fever?" Amy asked. The doctor ignored her and faced Hannah, "I visited the Hummels, the baby has died." He said sadly and everyone looked down.

"Have you all had it?" The doctor spoke looking at the March sisters. "Meg and I have, but Amy hasn't." Jo spoke for the sisters. "Then she must be sent away." The doctor said looking down at Amy. Amy shook her head, "I don't wanna be sent away!" She argued. "I'll see if Aunt March will take her." Jo said and Amy wined. "I don't like Aunt March!" Any said rolling her head back.

"Should we send for mother?" Jo asked Meg. "No we shouldn't worry her. I've never wished for money more." Meg said looking down at her feet. "We'll nurse them and they will get better. You'll see, they will get better. They must." Jo argued looking into the room.

Meanwhile Laurie was glaring daggers at Noah while Dorian stood with the girls. "Staring at me won't make me go away." Noah spoke looking at the boy who seemed angry at him. "Look i'm here for Lily. We both are. How about we just stop fighting and become friends?" Noah asked crossing his fingers behind his back. Laurie scoffed before walking away from the two brothers.

_____

authors note!
i've decided to change noah & lily's
storyline a bit because it was different
back then, so he won't be as awful
BUT something will happen that will
honestly make you what to kill him.