07 | CHAPTER SEVEN

TODAY WAS THE DAY LILLIAN AND THE REST of her family would accompany the Laurences at the beach. Lily was overjoyed. She would be able to see Laurie again since the party where the two had loads of fun. Since Jo had been stealing him away since then she hadn't been able to talk to him truthfully.

She stood next to Jo as they stood in front of Laurie and a few of his friends, "This is Fred Vagun, and his sister Kate. Of course you know Mr.Brooke." He said pointing the the people beside him. "This is Meg, Amy, Beth, Jo and Lily." He said as Lily waved the the others.

"Pleased to meet you." Fred spoke his British accent slipping through. "Oh how elegant." Lily heard Amy mumble. Amy stepped forward a proud grin placed on her face, "Remember the name Amy March. I will be coming to look for you in London." She said confidently as Lily stifled a laugh. "Oh I certainly will." Fred replied as the two stared at each other

______

LILY WAS CURRENTLY TRYING TO FLY HER KITE into the sky. She had help of Beth and and watched as Laurie helped Jo. Her stomach curled and she walked away down to the shore leaving the kite with Beth.

Laurie looked over watching the retreating girl and followed after her. "I know something you don't know!" Laurie spoke trying to make the girl smile. She turned around and faced the boy, "What is it?" She asked a frown still placed on her face. "Did Meg perhaps lose a glove?" He hinted. Lily's mouth open and she smacked Laurie's arm, "Mr.Brooke has it!" She guessed and he nodded.

"How do you know?" She asked. "I saw it." He replied simply, "Where?" She asked once more, "In his pocket." He answered. "All this time!" She spoke and he nodded, "Yes isn't it romantic!" Said Laurie as the two came to a stop, "No it's awful!" She replies looking over to Mr.Brooke and seeing him stare at her sister.

"I thought you'd be pleased." Laurie questioned his eyebrows furrowing. "At the idea of someone taking my sister away no!" She snapped facing the shocked boy. Realizing what she had done she stepped towards the boy her arms up, "Oh i'm so sorry! I didn't mean to snap it's just-" She sighed, "I don't want to be alone Teddy." She spoke looking down at her hands.

He stepped forward and lifted her chin to face him and smiled, "You not alone. You have me and all your other sisters!" He spoke and Lily nodded still looking at the boy that held her chin. Her eyes flicked to his lips before back up. The two started to lean and before they could push them together there was yelling.

They let go of each other both flustered, "Come on Lily! We're playing bat-mitten!" Amy yelled and Lily nodded not sparing another gaze at the boy as she ran towards the rest of them.

______

LILIAN SAT IN HER GARDEN. SHE HAD BEEN WORKING in it more often now that Amy had ruined it. It was about 5 pm when she heard the door open. Out walked Jo, her older sister. She didn't move her eyes away from the garden as the girl sat next to her.

Jo grabbed Lily's hand that was about to dig into more dirt. Lily faced the girl and raised and eyebrow, "We must talk." Jo said and let go of the girls hand. Lily nodded and placed down her tools she took of her gloves.

"Well what is it?" She asked looking at the girl, "I think." Jo started before sighing. Lily reached out and grabbed her hand, "You can tell me anything. You know that right?" She said as she smiled at her. Jo nodded and looked up, "I think I love Laurie." She spoke. Lily dropped the girls hand and watched as she raised her head, "You- you love Laurie?" Lily asked trying her best not to stutter.

Jo shrugged, "I'm not sure. I came to you because your really the only one who wouldn't tell the others. And I need help understanding." Jo said looking at the girl in front of her. Lily swallowed the tears she had in her throat and nodded, "Uh. What do you feel around him." Asked Lily.

"Well my stomach just feels crazy like there's something moving inside of it. And when he stares at me my face turns beet red." Jo spoke fiddling with her fingers, "Yeah." Lily started before her voice cracked. "I'm sure he loves you back. The way he stares at you. It's just-" She stooped knowing her words were true. "Your meant for each other." She nodded and the girl.

Jo smiled and thanked the girl before heading inside to collect her thoughts. Lily faced the garden and felt the tears come to her eyes. She let them fall as she sobbed for the boy she would never get. He loved Jo. And Jo loved him.

_____