Lucky man

"Hey, want some?" Asey opened up her takeaway (least favourite food). You waved your hand to tell her no.

"Man, it was nice of your boyfriend to bring it here. He's still a creep though." Asey closed it back up. "Savin' this as a midnight snack!" She snickered as she kept it away.

"What would you do if you were me?" You asked Asey. She shrugged.

"Hmm, I doubt he could like pull a knife on me. I'm never alone, (y/n). My stupid family is always up my ass, like— how do you expect to have any privacy in a tiny ass house with thirty people?" You widened your eyes.

"Thirty people?" You asked.

"Hey, I only have six siblings. The rest are my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, cousins and even some damn in-laws. Fridge is always empty cause it's raided daily. Ugh." Asey shook her head.

"Bet those stupid kids are gonna steal my food..." She mumbled. "Maybe the rats runnin' around in the attic are gonna shit innit too..." Asey continued.

You pursed your lips. You live alone, this is bad.

"It sucks, most of my earnings go to the bills and shit. If it wasn't for them, I woulda be rich by now." Asey grumbled.

"Why don't you move out?" You asked. She scoffed.

"Yeah, right. They outright told me they're gonna see me as a 'traitor' for doing so. They're assholes but I still love them, I won't be able to live with that shitty feeling. I'd rather be another worker ant than get like... 'exiled' from the family or something." She mumbled.

You nodded and rubbed the back of your head. How are you going to deal with Marion? There are a lot of factors to be considered. Reporting to the police is not exactly plausible yet. Seeing Marion's mental state, a restraining order will probably land you on the autopsy table by sunrise.

You frowned, you don't know anyone from your apartment except Aunty. Maybe you should have been a bit more... sociable in the past. Maybe you can start now?

But are they going to help? You don't think strangers are willing to risk their safety for you.

...you need to tell Aunty about Marion. Maybe she can help?

You took a deep breath and exhaled, now is not the time to think about this. You need to continue working.

"(Y/n)!" Marion exclaimed as he threw himself onto you, wrapping his strong arms around your body and twirling you around again.

You felt uncomfortable with him doing this in front of Bambi and Jerome.

And Asey.

And (f/n).

And a few other night-shift coworkers you knew. What bad timing, they arrived just in time to witness this.

"I missed you..." he whispered and placed a light kiss on your nose. You were uncomfortable as your other coworkers shot the both of you weird looks.

You? Having romantic relationships? Wow, the world must be upside down. They think that you're the last person to enjoy such romantic and sappy gestures in public.

You were grateful that they didn't comment on it though.

"Hey, uh. Could you... not do this in public?" He tilted his head to the side as he brushed strands of your hair away from your face.

Oh, how he loves your (e/c) eyes. Marion puckered up to plant more kisses on your face.

"Do what, my love?" He asked softly.