Chapter 6

Keith's POV:

     As soon as Kiara and Lucas exited the room, we were left in awkward silence. Neither of us knew what to say or do. Our hearts both hurting from what I had shared. But a few seconds of silence was all Lance needed to speak his mind.

     "I missed you, Baby. So much. It felt like when you left the first time to the Blade. But so much worse." I watched as tears filled my husbands eyes and falling down his freckled cheeks. I stand up and walk over to kneel in front of him. I put a hand on his cheek making him look at my scarred face.

"Not a day went by that I didn't think of you. I love you so much, Lance. I'm so sorry for leaving you, but you have to understand. I wanted my babies back but I was too late. I couldn't come back here. I couldn't face you." I rubbed my thumb over the blue Altean mark on his cheek. He leaned into my hand and placed his own on my heavily scarred cheek. His thumb rubbed over the scar that was over my blind eye.

"What happened here?" Lance was looking questionablely at it. I chuckled and leaned into his touch. "Damn Galra are getting smarter. I got it a year ago. A few months after the twins came to me in black. Sword scar. I'm permanently blind in that eye." I watched as Lance leaned close and his soft lips were placed onto the hideous scar. One of many in my collection. I leaned into his touch while releasing a sigh. I could feel the walls I had put back up all these years come crashing down. All because I was once again in the arm of the man that had made them fall before and will continue to fall every time I'm in his embrace.

Lance moved his head so we were now looking each other in both equally teary eyes. His smoothe hands cupped themselves on my cheeks as a sad smile graced his gorgeous face. "I missed this, Keith. I missed us. I missed you. Your touch. Your stubbornness. Your hot headedness. Your love. I missed you so much it hurts even now. I'm so lost without you. Keith, your my everything. So are Kiara and Lucas but you, your the only one who can keep me grounded in space." I could no longer hold in the tears that were threatening to burst out of my eyes. I felt the hot liquid pour down my cheeks. But I wasn't the only one in this state. No Lance was too. His Ocean blue eyes were the brightest I had ever seen them as they filled with more and more tears.

Finally, a sob broke through as I closed my eyes and I broke. The flood gates had now opened and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get them to close. I felt weak, but also not at the same time. The only reason I didn't feel weak was because of the fact that I am allowing the man I love see the side of me he had only seen a few times before. The side I hated the most. The reason I always tried to avoid Lance as much as possible. He's the only one who can break me to the point of no return. And in some ways I'm thankful for that.

"Shh, Baby. Shh. It's alright. Please stop crying. I'm here. Your here with me. We can go back to the way things were. Go back to being Keith and Lance. But now we have two beautiful kids to worry about. They need you to be strong for them. You can't break here, Baby. Not yet." I felt his hand move to my suit cladded thigh and squeeze. It was comforting. I opened my eyes as I started to calm down and was once again met with bright ocean blue orbs. I closed my eyes then reached to Lance's face and did something I should have done as soon as I got onto this floating castle.

Mine and Lance's lips met in a passionate, almost longing kiss. I knew then that this man is my forever and always. I don't think I can leave again. But I might have to. And that scares me to no end. The thought of leaving again and losing my chance at being a father and a husband. I felt tears slide down my cheek from my closed eyes as my lips stayed connected with Lance's warm ones. I felt his hand on my cheek and as he separated our lips, he wiped the tears off of my cheeks. He had a huge grin on his face when my eyes finally did open. My god did I miss that smile.
____________________________________