five.

"Good morning to the cutest baby on Earth!" Jacob said excitedly as he walked into Kevin's apartment, startling the latter who was lying on his back in the middle of the room, having a cushion rested under his head and doing something on his laptop. "Good morning to you too Kevin." Jacob happily walked up to the cat who was lying down on a pillow somewhere nearby Kevin. He supposed the younger was there only to keep an eye on her.

"Morning," Kevin responded lazily and tilted his head lightly to the side to look at Jacob who was already all over the cat and playing with her.

"How did it go at the vet?" Jacob asked, resting his elbows down on the floor against the soft carpet.

Kevin hummed quietly, leaving his laptop on the floor. He rolled over and moved closer to Jacob, now lying on his stomach. "Well, she was scared in the beginning, as expected. But then she decided she wants to play, jumped around for a while, knocked off a few things. Too many things. She even had time to pee on the floor there. But aside of that, everything is alright." He reached out to scratch the kitten behind the ear. "We should somehow teach her how to use the litter box, though."

"Do we have a name for her yet?"

"Not really. I woke up too early and my brain still isn't functioning properly enough to think about such things." Kevin let out an exhausted sigh and stretched both his arms out, resting his forehead against the carpet and closing his eyes. Once he realized that the carpet might be a bit too dirty for him to be burying his face against it, he slightly lifted himself up again and took his phone out of his pocket. "There are WikiHow articles on how to teach cats basic manners."

"Cats have manners?" Jacob raised his eyebrows up at him jokingly. He moved to sit as he took the cat in his lap, raising her paws up and playing with them. "Gonna be a tiny lady with manners."

The two boys spent the rest of the morning and all the time until late in the afternoon reading WikiHow articles and googling possible names. By the time the sun was setting already, Jacob and Kevin had hundreds of tabs open, most of which were with name suggestions and they hadn't even started going through them. They were just opening them for "later".

Both were getting more and more tired as time passed. The room was only getting darker because they were too lazy to get up and turn the lights on, comfortable only with the light from their phones and Kevin's laptop. Somehow the darkness was successfully lulling them to sleep and both of them had dozed off on the floor in almost no time, unknowingly leaving the tiny cat to cause mischief while they least expect it.

It took a few hours, not too many - it was still evening, until Jacob woke up and immediately tilted his head up as he heard scratching noises. It was too dark, he couldn't see anything. "Kev?" He said sleepily, trying to figure out if the other was there. He didn't receive a response but he did hear light snoring along with the scratching sounds that just continued.

He let out a quiet groan and lifted himself, successfully finding his way to the light switch without stumbling into too many things and without making too much noise. Not that anything was possibly going to wake Kevin up. He turned the lights on and squinted until he got used to them. He blinked a few times and then his eyes suddenly went wide as he saw all the mess the cat had made, everything he had knocked down on the floor and how right now she was climbing up on the curtains.

Jacob gasped and quickly took his phone, of course doing the most reasonable thing. He recorded the cat trying to climb up higher on the curtain as he reached out and gently took her. When he stopped recording, he snuggled the kitten close to his chest and watched the video a few times before deciding he should upload it. The answer, obviously, was yes.