I won't let them hurt you {Tenmiko}

This chapter includes self-esteem issues (ig, not really) from one character so uhh- yeah. If you have something against that, you should probably leave-
    But if you stay, there's some huggles towards the end sooooo...

    AU: Highschool AU

    It was a normal day like any other. Tenko woke up to the sound of her stupid, annoying alarm clock. She groaned as she sat up, reaching out and turning the clock off.

    She let out a long, heavy sigh, exiting the warmth of her messy bed and heading to her bathroom to get ready for the day.

    She brush through her long, darkish green hair. It was all knotted, caused by her tossing and turning at night. It wasn't like she had nightmares or anything, she just squirms around a lot. Her eyes were closed partly because of the fact that brushing her hair hurt like hell to her because of her low pain tolerance, but also because the light is shining in her eyes and it's f u c k i n g  b l i n d i n g.

    Series of 'Ow's and 'Stop hurting!'s came from Tenko's mouth as she pried the hairbrush through her hair.

    Once she was finally finished the pain, then came the part that took forever. Styling her hair.

    Himiko, on the other hand, didn't have an alarm. She was almost always late for school because of this very reason.

    I say almost always because Tenko had recently been waking up earlier and getting Himiko so they would walk to school together... and so that Himiko wouldn't totally fail school by being late each and every day.

    Himiko decided that last night she was going to wake up early so it would give her and Tenko some more time to talk once they got to the school.

    Her phone alarm went off and she woke up almost immediately.

    "Nyeh..." She moaned as she tried pushing herself out of bed but for some reason... she just couldn't. All yesterday she had felt like something bad would happen and somehow, in some way, it would be her fault.

    She didn't have the energy to text Tenko so she just stayed in bed and tried to just... sleep. Maybe Tenko would forget and let Himiko sleep throughout the day. Surely she would feel better the next day.

    Tenko was 80% done with her morning routine before heading to the coffee shop. She figured maybe picking up a coffee for Himiko and her would be nice. It was sort of chilly outside, so why not?

    Tenko checked her phone as the toast in the toaster was toasting (Omg I never thought I would say toast three times in one sentence) and saw that there was no time to go get coffee that morning.

    'Well, crap.' She thought to herself. She wanted to bring Himiko a nice surprise.

    The pieces of toast popped out of the toaster and Tenko quickly buttered them both, put one in a bag while the other one she shoved in her mouth, and left to Himiko's house. They didn't live a far distance. There houses were pretty close.

    'Omw!' She texted Himiko, closing her front door and making sure it was locked. Little did she know that Himiko had no intention of going to school that day.

    DING!

    Himiko's phone.

    She just let the message go through. She predicted it was from Tenko. Now was the time she started walking so the ETA was probably about... 5 minutes until Tenko arrived at her house.

    Himiko knew she had to get up but she couldn't gather the energy. Normally, Himiko would wake up to the notification noise and respond to Tenko within 10-20 seconds but she didn't today.

    This got Tenko to worry... just a little bit. It was only about 40 seconds after she had sent the message.

    DING!

    That was Tenko's phone.

    Himiko had texted her a 'ok' like normal.

    Tenko let out a small sigh of relief.

    Tenko felt like hurrying up her pace so she decided to use some of her speed and run. Tenko arrived at Himiko's in 2 minutes instead of 5.

    She knocked on the door politely. Meanwhile, Himiko is listening to this knock and picking up she phone, slowly typing 'im in my room'

    "Nyeh..." Himiko groaned before flopping over, the energy gone from her body.

    About 30 seconds pass and Tenko received a message. She turned the handle. Locked.

    Of course it'd by locked. Why would'nt it?

    Luckily Tenko knew the hiding place.

    Tenko life the third plant that was lined up on the porch and there sat the key. She quickly grabbed it and used it to enter Himiko's house.

    "Himiko! You ready?" She called out. She shut the door behind her and walked up the stairs to Himiko's room... but when she opened the doors, she saw a very tired red head lying on her bed. She looked dead but a Tenko could see her breathing.

    "Himiko! You're not even up!" Tenko complained, walking over to her bed and sitting down beside her and rubbing her back.

    Just hearing Tenko's voice was enough to make Himiko cry... and she had no clue why... but she had a feeling, and if being a magician has taught her anything, it's that to go with her gut decision, so she did.

    Tenko heard small sniffles and she immediately sat Himiko up to look at her. Tears started rolling down the small girls flushed cheeks.

    "H-Himiko! What's wrong?! Did those degenerate males hurt you?!" She asked furiously, pulling her secret crush into a hug. She soothes out her poofy hair with one had and used the other to pull her towards her. Sure, she was blushing a little bit, but that's fine. No one cares.

    Himiko hugged Tenko back almost immediately. "I dunno... I had this feeling..." she started, her voice lower and monotone like normal. "It was like I was going to screw something up today... o-or something bad would happen..." She continued, sniffling in between every other word... Tenko was helping, though. Just by soothing her hair out. It calmed her.

    Himiko took a few deep breaths as Tenko kept hold of her. "A-And it was all going to be my fault..." she finished.

    Tenko glared... she had a feeling a man was involved... I mean, no, there wasn't. That was just Tenko's solution to everything. COVID? A man started it! Just say a name and she's on him.

    Himiko smiles and wiped her tears. She pulled away from the hug and pecked Tenko's lips because S M O L  B E A N . Her face? A light pink.

    Tenko looked at Himiko surprised. A pink blush straight across her face. She giggled and kissed Himiko's forehead. "C'mom. Go get dressed. I'll be waiting for you outside."

    Word count: 1,109