Chapter One - Mr I'll reconsider my decision

Christine pov

It has been a month since I started working at the coffee shop , and things seemed to go smoothly , Mr Francis seemed to really like me , well he can't dislike me because I did everything he asked me to " Christine! Christine ! What are you thinking about for God's sake? " I snapped out of my thoughts at the voice of Amelia who was looking at me with a worried expression " what happened ? You were out for five minutes , is everything alright ? " she said , her eyebrows were knitted together , she looked so adorable and I smiled at her " now I'm starting to think you are crazy " she said giving me a you-must-be-crazy look , I just laughed and she rolled her eyes " I'm fine don't worry , I'm all good " and just like that the door oponed and closed informing us that a new person came in and Mr Francis rushed to us " girls ! Enough chatting , Amelia Jacobs go to your work , Christine Jones , go serve the custormers or I'll reconsider hiring you both! Hurry , we have a very important customer that we must impress " He snapped until his face was red from anger , he looked between me and Amelia for confirmation then disappeared when we nodded at him , I turned to Amelia at the edge of bursting into laughter " I think we shall call him ' Mr I'll reconsider my decision ' from now on " I said and we both laughed so hard that I totally forgot about the new customer so I rushed to them in hopes that they don't complain to Mr Francis about the late service .

John pov

They said you should never apologise for being yourself , I wasn't going to apologise anytime soon, but I felt like I regretted being myself , an arrogant, rude , cold and ruthless man , because now it's time to pay for that , i must get married or else all the hard work that I've worked and done is going to be nothing , if I don't get married , i won't take over the company , to which I've wanted and worked for since I was in university , I was not a guy that drinks alcohol , because coffee seemed like a better idea , but now coffee seems to just cause me insomnia , I feel like I'm misguided and lost , I don't have a peaceful mind , I just want something that will take away my pain and distractions , since i fired my best maid Trinity , who used to make me the best coffee and who happened to be stealing money behind my back , I couldn't do anything more than to fire her , I hired other maids but their coffee was worse , so I fired them , my father kept sending women to my office to see which woman I will choose to marry , I didn't choose any , I was in my office working on my new deal with Mr Jackson as I heard a knock on my door " come in " I said not looking up from my laptop " John , Mrs blondie wants to meet you " I looked up to see Marcus , my personal assistant and my best friend looking at me with a pitiful look , he has always hated it when dad sent me those women " who is Mrs blondie for God's sake? " I asked closing my laptop and sitting straight while looking at him with a confused look , he came closer " Mrs blondie or more like Mrs James is one of the wome-" he started but I cut him off quickly " don't tell me she is one of my father's ' suggested women ' " I said looking at him with a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look , he scratched the back of his neck and nodded hesitantly " for God's sake I thought he said he will stop !" I yelled " tell - whoever the woman is - that I'm busy and I will not meet her while I have a little talk with my dear father " I told him as I grabbed my phone and started searching for my father's number to call " John please don't do something that you will regret , you know very right w-"

" don't worry Marc , I won't "

" I hope so " he nodded at me reassuringly and he went out and closed the door behind him as I called my father

♧♧♧

" Hey Marc where is Sean ? " I asked Marcus as I neared his office and looked at my watch " he said that Jessica was giving birth today so he rushed her over to the hospital " he said and smiled

" really ? And how did it go? "

" his wife gave birth to a very beautiful Lily and they are thankfully both doing great "

Me , Marcus and Sean are best friends since college , Marcus is my PA while Sean is my personal driver " well I'll make sure to visit him later today " I said " I will go out now and you are dismissed for the day , oh and if there are any news about Sean then just call me " I added and made my way to my car , I really needed a cup of coffee and that is why I wanted to go to find myself a nice coffee shop

The drive wasn't long till I spotted a small shop , I could even walk to it from my office , I entered and sat at a small table and started thinking about what my father said , he promised to stop sending women as long as I find a woman sooner , to which I agreed , now I had to find the woman which I have no idea how but all I needed now was a cup of coffee to relax , but i snapped out of my thought when a soft female voice spoke near me " welcome sir I'm sorry for the late service , what would you like to get ? " I looked up to see a girl with a polite smile plastered on her face , we locked eyes for a time until she blushed and looked down , I could honestly get lost in her brown eyes , I averted my gaze to her lips to which she was biting shyly " espresso " I said and she nodded , her cheeks pink as she rushed , her ponytail swinging from left to right , she was beautiful but now was not the time to think about this , I needed to find a woman , but i don't know any woman , even a female friend that I would ask to marry me then we will get divorced after I take over the company.