Chapter Fourteen - Babysit Joseph

Christine's pov :

" aw aren't you too cute ? " I cooed at Joseph who was now bowing after doing his cute dance show , Aaron was a laughing mess on the other hand , me and Joseph glared at Aaron in unison followed with Joseph stumping his tiny foot on the ground " aunt Christine can you please tell uncle Aaron to stop laughing ? " Joseph asked sitting next to me on the couch as he , again , glared at Aaron " Aaron would you please stop laughing ? I mean I don't see what's funny here !" I snapped grabbing a slice of pizza and eating it like my life depended on it , it was so delicious that I couldn't stop eating " I'm .. I'm sorr.. I'm sorry Joe it's just that I don't know ... oh my ... I don't know what is happening to me " Aaron said in between laughter , Joseph pouted and nodded " it's alright uncle Aaron " I melted at his cuteness and " is that all Aaron ? How about we take Joseph out and get some ice cream ? I'm sure we all need some fresh air " at the mention of ice cream, Joseph stood up so suddenly that he almost felt because of the slippery floor " yes uncle Aaron ! Please ..! " He begged and I chuckled nudging Aaron with my elbow , he groaned and got up , I really wanted some fresh air , whenever there was silence here my thoughts always drifted to John and how was he doing .. I can't believe I pushed him away and told him to never see me again ... I can't believe this ... I suddenly felt like crying , I couldn't believe i did that ... a clearing of throat snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked at Aaron to find him smiling down sadly .. " do you like him ? " what ?

" what do you mean ? "

" I meant the man who I saw when I dropped you the night we met at the amusement park ... I'm sure he likes you because he kept looking at you when we were near the ice cream truck , I could tell he seemed like he wasn't enjoying himself being with those two girls , and he kept glaring at me .. I thought he'd jump on me any moment " he laughed lightly and all I found myself doing was staring at him with wide eyes

What ? John likes me ...? No way

" Christine .. the look he had showed how jealous he was .. I'm sure he likes you Christine .. and I'm also sure that ... "

Aaron must be serious because he never called me Christine .. it's always been Tine

" that what ? "

" that ... you like him too . You seem deep in thoughts and I can tell you are thinking about him right now " he smirked as he watched Joseph go to his room and get a jacket

" what ... ? No ! ... "

He chuckled " you keep telling yourself that Tine "

" he doesn't like me .. I mean look at me .. I'm poor , ugly , fat and just not anyone's type ! "

" no Christine! Whoever said that must be blind okay ? You are beautiful , so beautiful . I mean the man couldn't keep his eyes off you , and it doesn't matter if you are poor or rich "

" well he can't like me because I'm poor, he might even think I like him for his money "

I quickly added " i mean .. not like I like him .. "

" pfft Christine for real ? If he saw that you like him for his money he'd have left before you even had the chance to say a word to him . He'd have fired you or just didn't look at you . He's a Cialfi Tine, he's known for being a workaholic and I'm sure he's a good guy " he smiled at me and I looked down " but why are you telling me this now ? "

" because I know he deserves a chance , when I dropped you home , he looked hurt ... I'm sure he wanted to be the one with you . God ! Christine , You have to give him a chance "