Chapter Sixteen

*Take me away, to where the sun never fades*

It doesn't take long for Kyle to get there after Alise calls him. Tyler smiles as Kitty opens up the door, "Kyle!"

"Hey, Kitty! Thanks for letting us in." Kyle gives her a grin before looking over at Tyler with a worried expression, "I'm thinking about just knocking this one out until she's unable to get herself hurt."

Kitty giggles, "I think that's probably the best thing to do. I've hardly known her a day and all she's managed to do is get herself hurt!"

"I've known her for a couple months and it's all she's done as well." Alise pitches in.

"You guys suck. You absolutely suck." Tyler sighs, unable to stretch her arms and legs like she wants to. Though not bleeding through her bandages anymore, she knows that if she does anything it'll break open again. "I have managed to get a job."

"Oh really?" Alise asks, poking her in the ribs, "Where?"

"Knickknack Shack."

Marcus grins, "I love that place! That's where I found Kyle's engagement ring."

The collective awe causes him to blush, but he doesn't seem to mind much. For a moment or two they're just chatting, catching up on old times and laughing like good friends. Then comes another knock at the door. Kyle gets it, "That should be Mrs. O'Mally now."

"You called her over here?" Tyler asks, feeling herself smile wide as the old lady walks in. "Hello again, Mrs. O'Mally!"

She chuckles, giving everyone a wave. In one hand she holds her purse, in the other a hand held suitcase. Marcus quickly takes it from her. "There you are again. What have you managed to to this time, young lady?"

"My stitches fell out..."

"You've had them three days and they just managed to fall out?" She sighs, walking over and pulling a chair from the table towards the couch. "Hello dear, what's your name?" Mrs. O'Mally asks Kitty, who gives her a timid smile.

"Kitty."

"Oh! Like Kitty Carlisle?" Mrs. O'Mally asks, taking her suitcase from Marcus and opening it up. Inside she has a First-Aid kit. She looks over Tyler's back, taking out the gauze, bandages, and antibiotic cream. It hurts where she touches it, but she doesn't press down anywhere so Tyler sucks it up and holds back her tears.

Kitty's eyes brighten instantly, "Exactly! She was gorgeous, and like, one of those amazing old-time actresses. Momma said that the day I was born one of the movies she was in, I think 'Murder at the Vanities' but I could be wrong on that one...Well, it was playing because Momma said she just had to be watching a movie, since she had been watching one when my older sister was born--her name is Lucy-"

"Lucille Ball." Mrs. O'Mally smiles, chuckling happily. "Oh, that's a right something if I've heard of one. What's your sister look like?"

"Oh, she's super pretty! She's got long, like, super long, blonde hair that's wavy in the most perfect way..." Kitty continues to describe her sister as Mrs. O'Mally looks at Tyler's wound. "She's not exactly a genius, but she's like, two points below it, I swear. Once, my car broke down, and neither of us had service to call a mechanic to come and fix it. I was voting on Hitch-hiking--"

"Sorry to interrupt, but one second, Kitty." Mrs. O'Mally pats her head before turning back to Tyler, "Well, the good news is that you didn't break open your stitches. The bad news is that you had a cut that I didn't stitch, and the scab on that broke open. It's better now, I put some salve on it and bandaged it all up, but you don't need to be doing any lifting or major stretching for the next few days."