The Wedding Gift

A short story
~~~

I'm Kelly, 26 years old and two weeks ago I said 'I do' to the love of my life. We came back from our honeymoon today and are on our way to our new home together.

"Chavon I can't wait to see the house," I squealed in excitement. "Your sister is such a terrific designer; I'm sure she did an awesome job."

He chuckles at my enthusiasm and shakes his head in disbelief. "Cupcake if you keep hitting me when you get excited I don't think we'll make it home."

"Well, at least we would die together," I told him, batting my eyelashes.

"Yea, no sweetcheeks. I can't die yet." The car came to a halt and he reached for my face planting a kiss on my forehead, "Stay here." He exits the car and opens my door seconds later but is startled by my squeals.

"Yaaaay! OMG!" I scream and jump from the car and into his arms. His melodic laugh sends chills down my spine as I throw my arms around his neck and my feet around his waist.

"Oh Lord, cupcake your gonna be the death of me."

"That's what good wives do babe, " I tell him while smiling like a Cheshire cat.

He pulls away from me biting on his bottom lip, and confesses, "Luckily, I can handle it."

I attack his lips once more, biting slightly on them and licking the lower half of his face.

He struggles to get the door open and when he finally does he drops me to my feet, "This is our home cupcake."

I gaze around in awe. Tears of satisfaction March down my cheeks and he smiles and pulls me into a hug. "It's so beautiful," I let out between happy sniffles. He kisses me deeply and tells me that I'm more beautiful, causing my face to blush bright red. Wine red walls, nude floors, and white furniture laced the house. The ceiling is nude with streaks of mahogany going in various directions. There are three large bedrooms, for us and his seven years old daughter, Chavelle. The other was for any guest that we might have. Even though Chavelle isn't my biological child, I love her like my own.

We stalk into our own bedroom and again, I squeal and hit his arms. It's a thing I do when I'm very excited, jump around squeaking and hitting people's arms. Chavelle is staying with her aunt and won't be coming until tomorrow. Since we don't have any packing out to do, we decide to get used to the house. This involves performing certain acts in every room of the house, even the kitchen. When we're satisfied we retreat to taking a shower then snuggling in bed. "What are we watching tonight cupcake?" Chavon asks, thugging slightly at a few strands of my curls.

I pick up the remote and smirk at him. "Good girls."

"This is abuse cupcake." He frowns, prompting me to erupt in laughter.

"Okay, if you watch this with me, I'll watch Krypton with you," I promised.

"Deal," He agrees and settles in my bosom. His favorite place to sleep is cuddled up to me like a big baby. We spent the night watching the entire season two of Good Girls and a few episodes of Krypton. I didn't understand it much, but still showed a little liking just because it made him happy and his eyes lit up when he had to explain a part of it to me.

We fell asleep at about one o'clock, then woke up at four and commenced our morning routine. Breakfast in bed at seven and our favorite morning show until eight-thirty.

We are currently fixing a bookshelf in Chevelle's bedroom since she loved reading books for a reader twice her age. She is a very smart seven years old. Her mother on the other hand, not so much. She is a cruel woman, a bad mother, and an evil ex-wife.