04

Magic Portal

Readers point of view

"Hello?"
"Human, what're you doing?"
"What could have happened to her?"
"Could she perhaps have died?"
"How?"
"I don't know but she's not moving."

What is all that damn noise...

I heard two familiar voice taking around me. It's as if they're trying to wake me, but I'm so cozy. I could lay here forever. Everything would be so simple that way.

"Maybe if we try this..."

Hm?

All of a sudden I felt a pair on hands on my wrists and a pulling sensation as my body was pulled off the comfy place I was sleeping and then was quickly met with the cold hard floor.
My eyes quickly shot opened and I saw Leif and Rhys staring down at me while I now laid on the floor after being pulled off the couch.
"What the hell!?" I yelled as I stood up.
"She's not dead! Issue solved." Leif said with another of his annoying grins.
"Why would I be dead?" I questioned angrily as I stood up.
"Our mistake. We saw you weren't moving and the device you had been holding was on the ground. We could not tell what had happened to you." Rhys explained.
"There's a big difference between sleeping and dying you both realize correct?" I asked still really pissed off.
"Obviously we know there's a difference. Death typically has way more blood!!" Leif exclaimed.

These guys have no filter. I know they had asked us to teach them human ways but I would've guessed they knew some basic manners.
"Mhm...well time for another human lesson. A private one for the both of you. Manners. A large one is that if you see someone asleep. Wether it be on a couch or on a bed. You shouldn't ever wake them up by pulling them onto the damn floor." I explained rubbing my back which was now slightly sore from the fall.
"What if we are to assume you've gone onto the next life?" Rhys asked politely.
"It's very unlikely Ava or I would die in our sleep but if you're ever worried just check if we're still breathing." I explained as I let out a deep sigh and sat back down on the couch.

"Anyways time for some give and tell..." I trailed off yawning a bit then getting a look at their confused faces.
"Give and tell?" They had both asked, confused at what I had meant.
"I gave you two a private human lesson, so now you guys tell me where you went. I had looked down then all of a sudden you two had disappeared. I searched all over and you guys weren't anywheres inside the apartment." I explained.
"Did you not inform her?" Rhys questioned Leif.
"Oh this again. The human simply just didn't understand. She had too much trouble and then you had called for me." Leif explained himself, once again insinuating I was dumb.
"Excuse me?" I asked annoyed once again.
"My apologies for the misunderstanding. What Leif meant to explain was that we stayed behind to set up our living accommodations. It was a true blessing you and Ava opened your home to us, however we needed our own space so we used some magic and recreated a room similar to Daemos." Rhys explained.

Did he just say that they CREATED their own space similar to Daemos!?

I jumped up to check the apartment. Mostly to ensure they hadn't caused any major damages. I know Ava didn't care if they had maybe caused a couple damages and stole an item or two but I'm not okay with paying damages such as an entirely new room.
"Human, it is yet to be finished however-" Rhys had attempted to speak with me but I was still running around checking every room in this apartment. So far though nothing had seemed out of the ordinary.
When I had turned around I saw Leif directly behind me looking at me with that dumb smirk I was starting to dislike.
"You're a real silly human you know that? As Rhys was trying to explain. We aren't done yet. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to find it no matter how hard you try. You should learn to listen to us. After all you're our prisoner." Leif had explained. I had let out a scoff. This guy needed some serious manner training. At least he wasn't as horrible as hothead Asch but by no means is he any better.
Regardless I want answers.