//'39//

Pairing : Gwilym Lee x Reader
Warnings : None
Summary : There's nothing better than going stargazing with the one you love, although something can make it better...
Abbreviations : Y/N = your name
____________________________________

"Love, come on, I can't wait for much longer," Gwil said, standing at the doorway of your house.
"I'm coming, patience, love." You said, making your way down the stairs.
As you slipped into your shoes, Gwil grabbed the keys.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Yep." You said, as you two headed out the door.

The car ride there was silent. Well, you didn't really know where 'there' was. All Gwil had told you was that you two would be going out.
It was late at night, you guys had already had your dinners and your plans for the night of cuddling asleep were cancelled by Gwil, but you didn't mind. He had told you to 'wear something comfortable' since it was a cold November night.
You had a guess of where your boyfriend of nearly three years was taking you, but there was also a chance that you'd be wrong.

With the soft humming of Gwil's voice, and the slow circles he was tracing on your thigh, you fell asleep.

~*~*~

"Love, wake up." Gwil's whisper said, waking you up from your slumber.
"We're here, love." He smiled, his eyes shining amazingly.
You smiled as you got up and stretched, looking around. Your guess was right, as you saw the sight in front of you.
A huge field stretched before you, with the blades of grass gently swaying in the cold breeze. It was the place where you and Gwil had your first date. To anyone else, in would just be a feild, but to you two, it was a place where you made most of your memories. If any of you were tired, or hadn't seen each other in a long time, you'd meet there and talk. Sometimes words weren't even needed, as you both would lay and be in each other's company, which was more than enough.

You looked at him and stood on your toes to kiss him. He laughed warmly, as you blushed. After all these years of being together, these little things still had an effect on you.
"C'mon, love, let's set it up." He said, as you obliged.
You took the blanket out of the trunk of the car, and went to find a spot while Gwil parked the car. You quickly found a spot with the perfect veiw of the Moon and stars above you.
Gwil joined you quickly, laying right beside you, placing his hand on your hip, giving you a kiss on your temple.
"It's beautiful." You said, looking up to the sky. He hummed in response, smiling as well. You scooted closer to him. His smile being contagious, you smiled as well.

You were so engrossed in looking at the sky that you didn't notice Gwil remove his hand from your hip and reaching into his pocket.
You felt a tap on your shoulder, as you quickly turned your head to look at Gwil.

There, in the centre of his palm, lay a beautiful ring, with the diamond in the centre reflecting the shine of the moon. Your eyes started to fill up with tears of joy, as you leaned forward to hug him. You held on to him tightly, as you let your tears flow freely. "Yes." You whispered.
"I haven't even asked you yet, love." He said, his voice wavering, as he too might start crying.
You let out a watery laugh, "oh, yeah."
He laughed as well, his chest vibrating. Still hugging you, he asked, "Will you marry me?"
Thats it. No more words were needed, as you nodded a bit with your head buried in his shoulder, as he get on to you too, silently promising that he'll always love you.
"I had a whole speech planned.." he started, but was cut out by his own laugh.
"You didn't need one." You choked out.

His phone rang then, interrupting your sweet moment. He laughed as he held the phone in his hand, putting the speaker on.
"Did you do it?" An inpatient Joe's voice rang, followed by Lucy's laugh. "We're on conference call, by the way." He stated.

Gwil laughed again, as you stiffled a giggle.
"Yes I did do it." Gwil stated and pressed a kiss on your cheek.
"And? What did she say? " Joe asked.
"Of course she said yes, it's Y/N and Gwil we're talking about. She did say yes didn't she?" Ben said.
"Yes. She said yes." Gwil said, followed by couple of cheers.
"Well this needs celebration! Me and Rami have this place already planned out," Lucy said, followed by Rami's soft laughter.
"Yes, of course we need a celebration." You said.
"Well we'll let you two be alone now, we'll talk again tomorrow?" Joe asked.
"Yep, well call you guys tomorrow." You said.
They all said their goodbyes as the call ended.
You smiled at Gwil. "We're engaged now. We're going to get married." You said giddily.
"Yes we are." He said, finally slipping the ring into your finger.
"I love you." You said. He smiled in a way that would've lit up an entire stadium.
"I love you too."
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
~Izzy ❤