Bruises - Solby

Colby's P.O.V

"WELCOME TO THE EXTREME PRANK WARS!!!" Corey yelled. I could hear Sam and him tussling and laughing downstairs. I sighed, here we go again. Last prank war had been nerve racking, I was on edge, worrying about who would do what and what would be entertaining to do back. Eventually it was over and life was back to normal, but here we were again. The anxiety rushing back. 

The first pranks weren't to bad. Just fun and games. Then Aaron did the 'Icy Hot Revenge Prank' on me. I had forgotten to lock my door that night and Aaron crept in and pressed the nasty substance all over my back, neck and arms. At first, there was no feeling except a slight tingle. Then the burning began, a hot pain spreading over me, mostly my back where Aaron had put way to much on. I tried to act fine for the camera but it was really beginning to hurt. The pain growing to an almost unbearable point. Corey stuck his head in through the door. "It's not Kevin. It's ME!" He yelled, running into the room. I could tell he knew there was something more than just a harmless prank going on because even after Aaron took the camera off of him he remained stood in the corner, watching on. "Ahh," I groaned, "It burns!" Aaron stopped his laughter but tried to stay jokey for the camera. "Well, it'll be over in like...5 hours."  My eyes widened, "5 HOURS!!" 

Aaron pulled a face, shrugged and left. Corey walked over. "You good, bro?" He asked. I shrugged. "Turn around, a minute." I did as he said and heard him gasp. "Man, you've gone RED! That's nasty bro, god. It looks painful." I nodded. "Imma take a shower, see if that helps." Corey nodded and left my room. As soon as he was gone, my head dipped and the tears made their way down my cheeks. I grabbed my towel and some clean clothes before having a fully cold shower, trying to numb the heat. It didn't do much but the small respite was enough to make me almost cry out in relief.

A couple hours later the pain was only just starting to fade, I went to my room and checked my back in the mirror. Burns. Actual red burns littered the skin on my back. I groaned, Aaron definitely took that too far. But maybe he did it on purpose?

The next day

A new day, a new prank. Corey had somehow got the taser off of Elton and decided to spend the day jumpscare and tasing me. Everyone time the taser touched my body it was jolt of pure electric pain spiking through my body. Every time I yelped in fear or tried to move away (because I really didn't like it), Corey would laugh and try harder. He finds it funny. He's doing it on purpose. I thought. Oh well. Might as well just deal with it. At the end of the day, before I went to bed, I took another the shower. The burns were still prominent and painful as hell but now there was something new. Bruises. Every time the taser touched me it created two identical bruises side by side. I was covered in them. I groaned loudly. I was sick of this already.

The next day

Now it was Elton's turn to prank us. He decided he was going to make a giant hand, cover it in shaving foam and then drop it on to us one at a time as the 'ULTIMATE SMACK-CAM PRANK! w/Scotty Sire'.  He should've known someone would get hurt, and if I'd known what he was about to do I would've known it would be me. Elton and Scotty stood beside me, leading me into the driveway. "I'm scared this is gonna hurt me Elton!" I yelled, already suspicious, 

"You'll be fine, 3 2 1". He replied,

He pulled the towel off of my head and I had no time to think, before a huge hand came sailing at me. I was knocked to the ground instantly. Elton had put a small ball pit behind me so I would land in that. Well, it didn't work very well. One of my arms scraped up the concrete drive and my back wasn't cushioned by the PLASTIC BALLS at all, I mean, they were plastic. Instead that too just hit the floor leaving me in a lot of pain. Not to mention the stinging in my face and the metallic taste in my mouth having bit my lip. I fought back the urge to cry. I didn't want to show weakness. They were all playing a part of battering my body and I guessed it was on purpose. I mean, why not? It was easiest to mess with me since I was the smallest and the youngest. An easy target. Scotty pulled me to my feet and I could hear everyone laughing around me. I forced myself to laugh too, ignoring the hot sensation of blood dripping down my arms, and the deep ache set in my back which told me I was definitely going to bruise. "You ok?" Scotty asked. I took a deep breath and nodded, moving towards Corey. I kept my arms close to my sides so no one saw how cut up they were. I tried to stay still and fight the urge to gag as I kept swallowing blood. I felt awful but I just had to deal with it. As soon as Elton finished the video, I ran inside to Sam and I's shower. Taking a brief shower, I saw the burns and the bruises still there, now joined by my extremely cut up arm, bruised back and a slightly bruised face. This was ridiculous, 3 pranks in and I was beaten bloody, literally. But I must have somehow deserved it. Everyone was targeting me, it couldn't be and accident since it was too frequent. 

The next day

Now, Sam had decided to do a prank. On me. I'd had a tough night, up the whole time with a major headache, and Sam blocked me in my room. All I wanted was to go downstairs and take some Tylenol for all the pain I was in but I couldn't get out of my room. I had my hoodie and some sweatpants on when I opened the door, well, tried to. A length of back rope was knotted across the handle which I easily removed but then there was a massive assortment of furniture I had to climb across to get out. My head throbbed as I pulled myself over the mattress. Sam and Jake were waiting on the other side laughing there heads off. "Whyyyyyyyy!" I groaned to Sam. "You got pranked Colby!" He laughed. I threw my head back in annoyance but laughed for the camera, wincing to myself at the pain. Again as soon as the camera was shut off I stalked past the two boys who were still finding the situation hilarious. I stumbled down to the medicine cabinet taking three pain killers and stumbling back to bed. Sam and Jake were just beginning to move the things they put in front of my door. "Hey, Colby, I'm sorry." Sam said," Are you alright?" I shrugged, maybe they were purposefully hurting me so I didn't need to bring that up but they weren't making me sick. "I-I don't know. I just wanna lie down, I feel pretty ill." I confessed. Sam sighed softly, "I'm sorry Colby, I wouldn't have done this if I'd known." He said quickly, "Here, come lie down in my room while I clear this out." Sam took my hand pulling me to his room and letting me lie down in his bed. "I'll go finish cleaning up." He murmured kissing my forehead. I slowly fell asleep.

The next day

I woke up in Sam's bed still, Sam was sat at the desk in the corner editing. My head was pounding but not as bad as before. I made my way downstairs to find no one was in, except us two. I grabbed myself a bottle of water from the fridge and went to sit down when I felt someone grab me from behind, water was poured over my head and then flour. The person who was holding me pulled me back off the chair and although I remained standing then, I slipped on the water that had spilt on the floor and fell, hitting my right side and arm HARD on the floor. I let out a yell of pain and surprise only to sit up and find Jake and Brennen, crying with laughter. It hurt so bad. I didn't even laugh with them, instead limped quickly to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on the way, choking back sobs. I jumped in the shower and washed off all of the flour before wrapping the towel around my waist and looking in the bathroom mirror at my red puffy eyes. I inspected all the cuts, burns and bruises that littered my body. I was so caught up in my pain that I didn't notice Sam poke his head in. "Colby I wanted to know---oh god, Colby!" He said. I whipped around to look at him, tears still streaming down my face. Sam pulled me into his arms. "What- How? I don't understand!" He looked like he was also about to cry. "How did you get these?" 

"These past few days, the pranks, every time I get hurt and I don't know what I did!" I cried. 

"Oh god Colby no! You didn't do anything! We haven't been doing this on purpose, this is awful!" Sam replied, "Come get changed, then we need to talk to the others. " I nodded doing as he said. Sam made me put on a t-shirt and jeans instead of a hoodie and lead me downstairs. He then called a house meeting. 

Once everyone was sat in the living room, Sam stood up. "The prank war has gone to far, like seriously to far." He said. Everyone looked confused. "Colby," He said, "C'mere." I stood slowly and shuffled to his side, everyone already looked shocked at my cut and bruised arms but then Sam lifted my shirt and everyone was straight horrified. "Holy shit, Colby" Corey said, hugging me, "I'm so sorry." I nodded holding back a wave of tears. "Ok, this is over." Elton said, "If our stupid pranks are causing this then it stops immediately!" Everyone agreed.

We posted a video on YouTube just telling people that the prank was over, no winners, no losers since it was too much. Our fans all understood.

All I can say is I was wrong. My roommates would never hurt me on purpose, and I'm so lucky to have them in my life.

 For Xxbittersweet_RoseXx PLEASE LEAVE REQUESTS

 1820 words

 love y'all

- Colby