3: Daddy Issues

TW: Abuse, blood

Todoroki POV

I walked hand in hand with Bakugou towards the school. He stopped when he reached a certain road. 

"Umm...is there a chance we could keep this a secret? At least until New Years Eve anyway?" He asked. 

"Sure, I don't see any problem with that." I say he smiles as we unlink hands and continued down the road. While I would like to be able to have a public relationship with Bakugou sooner, I understand why he's nervous and I respect his choice. 

I saw that green haired boy again. He was leaving a house, and looked really upset.

"OI DEKU!" Bakugou yells. He looked in our direction and I noticed some red marks on his body, although I decided to ignore it as it wasn't my business. Bakugou walked in his direction and I followed behind him.

"Kacchan... I thought you didn't like coming down this route," He says with a shaky voice. 

"Yeah well today I fucking feel like going this way you damn nerd!" We walked past the boy and continued heading to school, but there was a question that I had always wanted to ask. 

"Bakugou, why do you treat that kid so poorly?" He looked shocked for a second, and tensed up at the question. 

"Why the fuck do you want to know IcyHot? And before you say anything his name is Izuku Midoriya, I figured you'd want to know."

"Actually I have been wondering that for a while, so thanks. But back to my question. It just seems like you always have a reason to lash out at him, and I would like to know why. As your mate I feel like I should understand the things that make you so angry so I can avoid upsetting you." The more I talked the more Bakugou's anger seemed to bubble up, until he couldn't hold it.

"I JUST FUCKING FEEL LIKE IT YOU DAMN ICYHOT BASTARD, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO GET IN MY BUSINESS?!" He screamed at me. We hadn't gotten in any fights before, and I started having flashbacks to when my old man would lash out at me for asking questions. I could feel the tears start to form in my eyes, but I turned around before they threatened to fall. I couldn't cry in front of people, especially not a mate because they'll think I'm weak.

I began to walk the other way, deciding to take a different route to school when I heard someone call out to me. 

"Shoto..." I flinched at the use of my first name and turned around to see my blond Alpha. 

"Look...I'm sorry. I just get angry and emotional when I think about Deku. It wasn't your fault. I do it for personal reasons..." I looked at his crimson red eyes and saw the guilt that coated them. 

"Can you at least stop, or at least take it down like ten notches? When I witness it, it makes me feel on edge or something." I explained. He sighs but nods.

"Fine I'll keep it to a minimum but I won't stop, I can't, I have my personal reasons." He explains, I nod and go to walk back to school, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a sweet and loving kiss. After our lips parted, he wrapped his arms around me, and I melted into the warmth of the hug. We separated and realized the time before we sprinted to school, making it just before the bell rang. Everyone was in their seats when we arrived...except Midoriya, his seat was empty.

Deku POV

I woke up to my alarm going off in my ears, quickly slamming my hand on the damn clock to turn it off. It was the first day of UA, but I wasn't as excited as I should be. Over the years my mom has done a lot of shitty things, but there is one thing that happens constantly. She blames me for making my dad leave, and accuses me of taking away the only happiness in her life, and in return she does the same to me. Somehow she manages to destroy anything I care about. At this point I'm not sure if I still have the ability to care and love, but something tells me that's not the case. I worked too hard to get into UA and refused to let her take that from me, if I act like I hate it she won't want to change anything about it...right?