Chapter 1: The Billionaire's Daughter

CHAPTER 1

Angela was tired. The number of times the people in her school have been deliberately knocking into her have been increasing day by day. The 'accidental' shoving and 'unintentional' tripping had brought her to her knees too many times for her to count and she was sure that if it weren't for the thigh-high socks she was wearing, her bruised knees would've stuck out like a sore thumb in Brook Academy.

Angela kept her head low, retreating into herself and slouching enough to let her blonde strands fall over her face. 'Damn that last fall really hurt. I would've known someone was gonna trip me if I had kept my eye on my feet.'

In her mulling, Angela didn't notice the hands that reached out from behind her to shove her forward. The force was enough to make her trip over her own feet and she landed face first on the marbled floor of the hallway. She heard snickering and laughter erupting from behind her. Picking herself up, Angela saw the one and only Britney Brook and her lackeys, Ally and May.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Our hands suddenly acted out of its own accord," Britney faked apologising.

"Really don't know what came over me, one moment my hands were beside me and the next, they're reaching for you!" Ally added.

"But hey, at least you look comfortable on the floor. Looks like it was made just for you!" May joked and the girls laughed together at that.

Angela rolled her eyes at their childish antics and slowly gathered herself together and got on her two feet. She looked at the girls behind her once more and gave them a once over.

"What is it, cat got your tongue?" Britney sneered.

Angela shook her head. "Nope, you got something in your teeth," She gestured to her teeth. "Real nasty Britney, can't believe your friends let you walk around looking like that." Jokes.

Britney went red just like her hair and immediately took out her mirror to look at her reflection, all while berating Ally and May for not telling her. They assured her there wasn't anything there and Angela quickly made her way to her class. Her class was on the other side of the building and if there's one thing Angela knows about this academy, it's that if the bell rings and you're not in class, you're considered-

Ring!

-late. Angela sighed. That's the fourth time this month. And it was all Britney's fault for holding her up. 'Might as well take my time,' She thought. She slowed down and looked around the hallways of Brook Academy, admiring the structure and the picturesque view outside.

Brook Academy was a top tier school boasting the best facilities and education you can ever find. With over 600 classrooms, all air-conditioned, exactly 12 offices, 4 nurse offices, 3 indoor swimming pools, 3 gyms and a field the size of 2 football fields, you can probably conclude that this school is only for the upper class. The only way you'd make it into the school is if you're extremely rich, extremely smart, or you're the child of an influential person. The school was so exclusive that they had their own uniforms tailored by some of the best designers of the country.

Angela Santario didn't fall into any of those cases, leading people to believe that she was merely a charity case that the headmistress took pity on. Which is exactly why Britney dislikes her. Britney's mom, Emma Brook was the Headmistress of the school. While Britney doesn't know the exact reason as to why Angela made it in, she has solemnly sworn to make her the black sheep of the academy, succeeding in this aspect.

As soon as Angela reached the classroom, she opened the door loudly, not bothering to sneak in. The sudden disruption to the lesson caused eyes to turn to her. Mr Brown, the teacher, looked up from the book that he was reading to the class and locked eyes with her.