Chapter 6: Overstaying your invite

CHAPTER 6

This cannot be happening. No way. How did it end up like this?! Angela tried to move or shove him off but their bodies were pressed so closely together that her hands were trapped in between them.

Kyle was equally as shaken. He managed to wrap his hand around her neck so she wouldn't hit her head on the floor but he didn't expect to fall down with her. He especially, definitely didn't expect them to lock lips. As shocked as he was, he savoured the way her lips felt on his. Soft, and whatever gloss she was using tasted like strawberries. More. He almost deepened the kiss but Angela made a soft noise, snapping him out of it.

Kyle used his other hand to prop himself up on his elbows but made no move to get off of Angela. The warmth of her lips left his and vice versa, and Kyle couldn't help but miss it, very slightly. He breathed in and could smell a faint jasmine fragrance that she used, sweet and tantalising.

Angela met the eyes of the piercing gaze staring at her strangely. She couldn't decipher Kyle's expression. But now that she was this close to him, she could see every little detail of his face, unlike when the hair strands of her blonde wig were falling over her face. Angela took in the slope of his nose, pointed and straight, and his eyebrows which creased, forming a small line in the middle of them. She noticed how his eyes weren't just chocolate brown, no, they were hazel. His lips were slightly parted, and he was breathing softly. Even though her hands were trapped between their bodies, she could feel how firm his torso was. Angela hadn't denied it before and she couldn't now; Kyle was attractive.

They locked eyes once again. This time, Kyle's eyes seemed to be darker and his face was relaxed. His eyes flickered to Angela's lips before making eye contact. The conversation from earlier was forgotten. Right now, Kyle had a beautiful lady under him, a lady that was his to-be-fiancee.

"Angela," He breathed out, leaning in slowly.

Angela was frozen. Before anything could escalate though, they were interrupted.

"Kyle, honey, I think it's about time we- Oh my goodness! Sorry!" Mrs Hawk walked in. She was followed by the rest of their parents. They gave a collective gasp.

Kyle and Angela's eyes widened. Kyle's weight was finally removed from her and he scrambled to get up, facing their parents immediately. Angela did her best to get up and tried to push herself off the carpet with her forearms but felt a sharp pain. She whimpered ever so quietly, loud enough for only Kyle to hear, but she managed to get up. Kyle threw her an unreadable glance but she immediately hid her arm behind her.

"Kyle. What do you think you're doing?" Mr Hawk was clearly displeased. He thought they only met today. Kyle was moving too fast. If his son's actions had caused a fall out with the Hudgeman Corporation... Mr Hawk looked at Mr Hudgeman to gauge his reaction.

Mr Hudgeman was expressionless. His calculated gaze fell on Kyle, and Kyle felt like his eyes were bearing holes into his body. This was definitely not the best first impression he had in mind. He was about to apologise but Angela cut him off.

"It's not what it looks like dad," She said with a lazy, almost dismissive tone. She was trying to downplay the whole situation.

Angela's father cocked his head to one side. "Oh yeah? So what does it look like?" He spoke with an even voice, revealing nothing of what he felt. Even Mrs Hudgeman looked at her husband, unsure.

"I tripped over his feet walking past him," She lied. "He tried to break my fall by cushioning my head." That was the truth.

"You just happened to walk in at a very bad time. It was a compromising position." Also true. Technically, Angela had told the truth for the most part. She just didn't tell the full truth. There was no way she was going to let her dad get the wrong impression of Kyle, she needed this engagement. For their sake.