Chapter 14: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

CHAPTER 14

The weekend couldn't have passed by faster and Angela was in school before she knew it, except this time, Monday blues were hitting her hard. She had a great weekend (definitely not because her Friday ended really well, no it wasn't that) and coming to school was a drag. Kyle hadn't texted her over the weekend, (no, she wasn't disappointed) and Angela had spent her time recalling the drive every now and then as she went about her lazy weekend.

After Friday's fiasco, people kept a safe distance from her, watching her from a distance and gossiping behind cupped palms. Angela's eyes subconsciously kept searching out a certain figure as she walked to class, but she didn't see him at all. Angela did notice however, that there was a different kind of buzz all over school.

"Did you see him?" Angela heard one of the girls squealed with her friend.

"I did! He's so good looking," The girl's friend fanned herself.

"Is he new?"

"He's gotta be, I've never seen him around."

Angela suddenly remembered what Mrs Brook had asked from her. The transfer student was coming today, and she had to guide him around for some reason. Shit, forgot about that. She straightened her posture ever so slightly.

"Oh my gosh do you think he's loaded? It's the middle of the school year, transfer students are rare to come by."

Gosh, she hoped the new guy wasn't some stuck up dude.

"I've got my eyes on him."

"Girl, already?" The girls erupted in laughter but Angela was already lost in her thoughts as she entered her class. Most of her classmates were already there, but she paid them no attention.

The new guy was definitely a mystery. No one just transfers into a prestigious academy out of nowhere. It just wasn't heard of. Sure, international students were a norm, they left after one semester or a few months, but transfer students were rarer than unicorns. And those magical beasts weren't even real (Marcus disagrees, he's too deep into the Harry Potter series).

That could only mean one thing. Whoever this student was, it had to be someone of status, or incredible academic ability. And Angela didn't like the sound of either of those options. The person already sounded like he oozed arrogance, like a certain someone with hazel eyes.

Angela sat down in her seat defeated and laid face down on the desk. Way to start my week Mrs Brook.

"Well, if it isn't the little attention whore." A high pitched voice called from the front of the classroom. Angela could recognise that voice from a mile away. She inwardly groaned. I didn't mean this Brook, universe.

The whole classroom went silent, no one daring to utter a word. Angela lifted her head from her table, making eye contact with Britney, Ally and May. They made their way towards her, their heels clicking against the tiles. Everyone was anticipating what they would do to her. Soon they were standing in front of Angela.

"Did you think you could get away with that little stunt you pulled on Friday?" Britney was glowering down at her. "I think it's disgusting how you think you'd even be accepted in this school just because Kyle's shown you a little bit of kindness."

Angela looked down, preferring not to say anything. If she had been looking at them, she would've probably been glaring.

"You must've been desperate huh? Asking my mother to tie Kyle down to your level just so you can finally score and be on the top 50 list." Britney continued her assault.