The wolves

When I run through the deep dark forest long
After this begun
Where the sun would set
The trees were dead
And the rivers were none
And I hope for a trace
To lead me back home from this place
But there was no sound there was only me, and my disgrace
                                    : First Aid Kit- wolf

Vanessa's p.o.v

Crap.
Today was not going as planned, first of, I hear the leader of the peaky blinders is heading this way and now he's sat in my living room starring at me along with the rest of his family. Second of, HE'S MY FATHER, holy shit, this could not get any worse.
So of course in my drunk, sixteen year old brain the only reasonable thing I could do was laugh, so I did, and by the look on their faces they didn't expect it. Believe it or not, it was actually incredibly funny seeing the shocked faces of the people in front of me. I couldn't help it, it was just too funny, eventually I was able to get a grip and calm down. However it was clear to see that they were all still shocked.
"Okay, well this has been fun but I am rather tired, so if you don't mind I'm going to bed." With that I turn to leave, but I'm quickly called back by Mrs James, "Take a seat Vanessa." Instead if answering I turn around look her up and down and quickly turn on my heel heading to the kitchen planning on getting some whiskey to help me get through the conversation that's about to happen.
I return to the room no more than five minutes later with a half full bottle of whiskey in my hand. I quickly take a seat opposite 'my father'. "Well, what do you want, cause I can assure you we won't go down without a fight." I question  I was really not in the mood for this conversation, especially after having so much to drink at the White wolf pub.
I have got to say though Thomas Shelby looked rather impressed by what I had just said, so I guess that stands for something. "I'm here for you, you're coming home." He said as though it was obvious, "sorry to break it to you mate, but this is my home" I answered back rather coldly before taking a big gulp of whiskey enjoying the way it burned down my throat. "I'm your father!" He yells, it's clear to see that I struck a nerve, "Calm down, Thomas." The older woman commanded who I had yet to learn the name of, however it was clear to see that she was some sort of a mother figure to him and the other men. Before we could talk anymore the front door slams open and immediately all of the men in the living room stand up with guns aiming at the doorway, as I turn I see my brothers stood with their guns drawn too, "PUT YOUR FUCKING GUNS DOWN!" I scream, all my brothers listen immediately and soon my apparent father and his family lower their guns, I turn back around and see the older women staring at me in shock but also with an impressed look on her face."Well then, now that that's sorted Mrs James, fuck off." The old hag just stares at me still not moving, I raise one of my eyebrows and glare at her "You 'eard, fuck off" Mrs James looks over my shoulder at Adam the one who said it before hurrying out the door, Derek closing it behind her.

"Well then, let's start with introductions, shall we" I say making it sound like a question however it was clear I wasn't asking."Very well, we'll go first" My supposed father said. "I'm obviously Thomas Shelby and these are my brothers Athur, John and Finn this is my aunt Polly and her Michael.

"Well then it's only fair seeing as you introduced us to your family I introduce you to

So now you've met us, your gang is called the peaky blinders cause you blind people, well we're called the wolves because we're family and were one go we all go. So now you're going to have some trouble trying to 'take me home' now ain't you" I concluded sarcastically.I watch as a wave of realisation hit my brothers as my words register.

"Like fuck are you taking her-

"Oh shit you're her father-

"Oh hell no-

"Tell me your joking-

'Holy shit-

"Oh crap-
They all started yelling at once, I knew even if I yelled at them to shut up they wouldn't so I did the one thing I could think of, I chuged the rest of the whiskey all in one, much to the amazement of my father and his family and throw the empty glass bottle at the wall. It immediately did the job of quieting them all, as they all stared at me in shock.
"Well then, as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, I am not going anywhere." I said the last part looking back and forth between each side of my family, the chosen family and blood family.
"You're my daughter, and you will come home" Thomas growled, oh good lord help me, I felt as though I was speaking a foreign language, however before I could reply my oldest brother Craig spoke up "Sorry to say this mate, but this is my sister so don't even try and pull the 'oh were blood' excuse, Vanessa is staying here with HER family, she doesn't even know you" It was obvious to me along with all the other boys that Craig was losing his temper.
"Now you listen here 'mate' she doesn't know us because you're not letting her get to know us."John said as he came chest to chest with Craig,
"John sit down" Thomas commanded, despite the command John refused to listen still eyeing at my brother, they stared into each others eyes for about a minute before John decided to throw a punch straight towards Craigs jaw, however before it could land, I quickly grab his fist and push it away; at the same time I push myself in between both of the men,my back pressed right against my brothers chest asI pull out my knife and held it to Johns throat.
"Ever try and lay a hand on my any on my brothers and it will be the last time you have hands" I snarl, practically bearing my teeth, with that said I push him back forcefully causing him to stumble and had it not been for his older brothers he would have fallen over. "And you, calm the fuck down or get out, one or the other, understand?" I say as I turn to face my older brother, however he doesn't reply instead he keeps his eyes on John who was sitting back down on the coach after his older brother threatened to tell his wife. "I said understand?" I repeat, grabbing my brothers chin and pulling his head down so his eyes are on mine. "Yeah, yeah, I'll calm down" Craig nods as he sits back down. I turn back to face to face my apparent family.
"Now then, seeing as the introductions are over, lets have a chat, shall we?"