The deal

Blood is thicker than water
-Or is it?

"Let's make a deal, cause it's quite clear you're not going anywhere without me, it's also clear that there is no way in hell that I am leaving permanently, so I propose we make a deal." I say while looking at my father, by look on his face he was not expecting me to admit that I was not leaving permanently. "This isn't business, you are my daughter." He huffed, rubbing his forehead. "Maybe, however if we don't agree to this deal then there's no way I'm going anywhere with you." I said looking at him directly in his eyes to show how serious I was being, "fine, what's the deal?" He asked while taking a drag of his cigarette. "Well John brought up a good point, before he tried to attack my brother that is-
"I did?" The man in question asked
- yes John, you did, and your right I don't know you all and that's not fair for you if I'm going to make a judgement on who I'm going to stay with if I don't even know you, so I suggest I get to know you. I suggest that I stay with you one month without returning here unless of course there is an emergency and after the mouth is up I can come and go as I please." I look directly at my father and his family trying to gadge their reactions and by look on his face he was happy, not that there was much of an expression there,on the contrary my brothers were furious but before they could voice their opinions I silenced them with a glare, "deal." Oh crap I didn't expect him to accept so easily. The boys look as if there about to blow he head off. "Fine, we leave in the morning, I need to say goodbye to the little uns." As soon as I say that Craig and Luke storm out the house, both shaking in anger, the rest of my brothers look at me with sympathetic looks, "Family meeting in the morning for the young ones, you can come if you want but you all already know spread the word, oh and lads, keep an eye on them I don't want them doing something stupid." With that the boys stand to leave to their rooms and homes. Once their all gone I stand and look over to my father and his family, "do you have somewhere to stay tonight?" I ask as I turn to leave to which they nod, "good, ok, well meet back here at about 10 am the family meeting should be finished and I should be packed by then" I say as I pull my coat on "Where the fuck are you going?" My father asks as I head towards the front door, and before I can stop myself I laugh, "Christ you're fitting into the father role well, don't worry I will be back in the morning, I need to say goodbye to a friend."
And with that I leave, practically vanishing into the cold, dark night. It takes me about fifteen minutes to get to his house instead of the usual five minutes because I took the back alley route not wanting my father or his family to follow me. When I arrive I smile seeing a candle lit in his bedroom knowing that meant he was still awake, I quickly knock and wait a minute before going to knock again but before I can the door swings open and I pulled in before I can even comprehend what had happened I'm pressed up against the now closed door being kissed roughly. I can't help but laugh, "Rhys, wait we need to talk." He immediately stops, all playfulness gone from his face,"What's wrong, my love, talk to me."

I can't help but smile at how much he cares for me, "let's go sit down." I say as I lead him into his living room, I gently push him onto the couch and I sit down on his lap, "Ness, love, talk to me you're worrying me, is it your brothers have they said something to you again cause if they have I'll go kill them I swear it." I silence him with a soft kiss to his lips. "No Rhys it's not them, it's just that Mrs James sent a letter to my father the other day and he's here now to pick me up." I look sadly into his eyes, I can see the emotions wash over him in waves, "That's ok just refuse to go."
"I can't Rhys, my father is Thomas Shelby, the Thomas Shelby, leader of the Peaky blinders. I had to make a deal with him, so that I could come back." I stare into his eyes, already regretting the deal I had made.
"Oh my God, what type of deal ,love, you shouldn't have done that it's almost as if you're shaking hands with the devil." He questioned, I could see just how stressful this was for him. "I know, my darling, I do I swear, but I had to. I have to stay with him and his family for a month, and after that I can come and go as I please." By the look on his face he was hurt, truly hurt. Christ, this was going to be harder then I expected.
"A month! Bloody hell, what am I meant to do with out you? What about your birthday, it's only in a few days? Will you come back for it? What if something happens to you? What if something happens here?" He was starting to panic, again I was flattered with how much he cares for me, I again silenced him with a kiss. "Apart of deal was that if there was an emergency I could come back and deal with it, and in regards to my birthday, I'm not sure, I'm sure we'll figure something out." Rhys seemed to calm at my words, the playful smile returning to his lips, "Well then I guess I have to make the night one to remember." He said as he pick me up and headed towards his bedroom, giggling I say "I guess you do."

Thomas p.o.v

I was beyond happy with the deal, I mean I can actually get to know my own daughter, but I guess this means I have to make up for lost time. However, what I was not so happy about, well that's an understatement, what I was furious about is that she was, one going out after dark, and two she was going to see a boy, I wasn't stupid I knew what she meant when she said she would be back in the morning and I couldn't be angrier. As soon as she had said she would be back in the morning and ran out the door, I jumped out of my seat and rushed to open the door only to find that she had disappeared, ran out into the street to see if I could see her however there was no hope, she was truly gone. I knew I would have to keep an eye on that, incase she got any ideas to leave during her stay. I was stood in the street for a few seconds before my family ran out the door and joined me, even with the extra eyes, we still had no clue where she had gone.
"It's alright brother, if she's anything like you she'll keep to her word and be back by morning." Arthur said as he patted my back. We decided to head back to the inn and wait and see what morning brought.