002

The Cinderella Man

KIM TAEHYUNG is just your average college student with an average life. If you ask him about his days, he'd just tell you that it is rather boring and repetitive. Work, sleep, study, and eat. He doesn't really have time for anything else.

That is, if you don't count the occasional pickpocketing here and there. Hey— don't attack him just yet.

There were days when he needed extra cash because more than enough of his paychecks went towards paying off his deceased mother's debt. His rich stepfather thinks of him as a bastard son, so there was no point in asking him.

Today was the perfect opportunity to try and gather up enough money to pay his phone bill. He was only $50 short from this paycheck.

So when he saw an old man wandering around as if he were lost in his own world, he thought that he would be a perfect target.

"-...Watch where you're walking."

Taehyung didn't expect such a young voice from him. Also, it sounded familiar somehow. But he knew that he had never run into this man before.

Right? He can't remember anymore.

"I could've been the Prince of Korea.. -"

Taehyung raised a brow at the old man. Yeah, right. Prince Jungkook is a very handsome man that almost every girl wants to be with.

Even he, himself, found him attracted sometimes, but he didn't buy the perfect prince act. There was just something about him.

As soon as he was able to escape, Taehyung rushed off to a secluded area. He looked all around before he pulled out that wallet.

Fuck yeah! This will definitely pay for my phone bill-

Wait. What's this?

Taehyung felt all of the blood drain out of his body.

"That's right."

"Sir, I am so sorry. I didn't know it was you."

"Tell me your name, you coward."

Taehyung gulped when he was commanded by his prince to tell his name. He hesitated at first but when it seemed to driven your highness even more impatient, he hastened to tell his name.

"It's V, sir..."

"V?"

They both stared at each other for a long time. Why did Prince Jungkook seem so taken back?

"Your Highness!"

A man stole the angry prince's attention and Taehyung took this as an opportunity to quickly slip away.

He did not look back once.

Taehyung woke up that Monday morning with a groan. The sound of one of his roommates's phone blaring obnoxiously at 7AM.