003

The Boy Without A Face

"I can't believe the prince is here," Jimin whispered ecstatically with wide eyes and an excited smile. While everyone had their attention on Jungkook, Taehyung was trying his best to hide his face.

He listened to Professor Kwan greet and introduce Jungkook to the class. "Let's see where there is an empty seat.." She said audibly and she watched as those with empty seats moved their stuff in anticipation that they might have a chance to sit next to the future bachelor king.

Professor Kwan almost laughed at the sight but when her eyes landed on a certain individual who seemed to be hiding away, she knew exactly who to pick.

"Kim Taehyung! Raise your hand."

Taehyung looked up in surprise, raising his arm hesitantly. He made eye contact with Jungkook.

"You can take a seat next to him." She said audibly enough and Taehyung was cursing himself for coming to class today.

"B-but, Professor Kwan, Jung Hoseok is in the seat next to me." He tried to change her mind and everyone else in the class, including Jimin, looked at him like he was crazy, denying Prince Jungkook the seat next to him.

"Mr. Jung is not here with us today, is he?" She said with her hands on her hips. "It's just for today, Mr. Kim." She said then she looked at Jungkook with a smile. "Let me apologize."

Jungkook shook his head. "It's okay, Professor Kwan." He told her before walking up the stairs towards the middle of the aisles.

They made eye contact. Taehyung looked down at his laptop.

Hearing the chair move and a bag shuffle beside him, the awkward boy could feel eyes on him. Taehyung just tried his best to not give in to temptation and meet the Prince's eyes.

"Hello. Kim Taehyung, is it?"

Taehyung cursed under his breath as Jungkook acknowledged him. He had to look at his prince. It would be incredibly rude if he hadn't when his future king chose to address him.

The awkward male finally turned his head and looked the male beside him in the eyes. He gave a smile and a nod. "Ah, Y-Yes, Your Highness."

Jungkook smiled back that charming smile that he was known well for. Taehyung blushed slightly and averted his eyes as casually as possible. He opened up his laptop.

The prince didn't say anything else and just prepared his space on the table. Taehyung felt relieved that their conversation seemed to have stopped there for now.

However, after a few minutes, Taehyung felt a tap on his shoulder and he jumped in his seat. He quickly looked over at who tapped him.

It seems that his reaction warranted a smirk out of the Prince. Taehyung felt embarrassed because he accidentally gained attention from other students around him as well.

"Sorry about that," Jungkook said quietly and Taehyung just shook his head. "It's fine. Did you need something?"

Jungkook blinked at the casual form of speech but it just made him smile instead. "I don't know what to do for this class. Could you help me?" He asked, turning his laptop a bit so that Taehyung could see his screen.

The black-haired boy raised a brow then nodded slowly. How could he say no? "First you need to create an account...."

While instructing Jungkook on what to do, Taehyung could feel the other's eyes were on him more than the screen. When he looked over and they made eye contact, Jungkook leaned his head on his palm while his elbow rested on the table.