Chapter 3

Things were getting interesting at that time, honestly. Could it be because of him?

Let's continue...

--

Austin was a big help, truly.

I started talking with other nurses and doctors.

Some weren't afraid anymore but they were still cautious. Because even I talked to them, I wasn't fully attached.

I was eating breakfast when my doctors entered my room.

I just knew their names today because I asked Austin. I didn't care before because I never thought that I would be in better condition here.

"Wow, apples! An apple a day keeps doctors away." Dr. Williams jokingly said.

"Ms. Blair. We're happy to tell you that you are improving socially and mentally. We talked about this at our meeting yesterday. I think it would be fine now to let you go." Dr. Brown said.

I couldn't completely grasp what he said.

"Come again?"

"I said... You're better now than before. We think this is the right time. When was the last time you ate out? Or went shopping?"

I was so glad. That was the best news I've ever heard for the past months.

A tear roll down my face. A tear of joy, that's how they call it, right?

It had been a year and three months since the last time I went out.

"Are you that happy?"

I looked at Austin coming in with a tray of medicine.

My excitement turned into gloom the moment I saw Austin.

"But that doesn't mean you don't need us anymore." The doctor smiled. "We'll give you a private nurse to monitor you."

I pouted. "I don't need a caregiver."

"Ms. Blair?" Austin called my attention. "Something you have to do could be different from what you believe you need."

"Okay... but who's gonna do it? Can I recommend..."

I was trying to say that Austin would be perfect since he worked for me in a month but my doctor cut me off.

"Ms. Blair. Don't worry. Leave it to us. We'll give you an outstanding one." With that, they left.

I had been comfortable with Austin these past few weeks.

I caught a glimpse of Austin busy writing stuff on a paper.