Chapter 9

It had been weeks but Austin hadn't woken up yet.

The doctors said there was nothing to worry because it was normal. We were asked to wait for a few more days.

I was checked in to the hospital because no one could take care of me at home. Also, I didn't want to hire another private nurse.

There was a knock at my door, Lira entered with a notebook in her hand.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Just okay." I tried to smile but it turned into a crooked one.

She pat my shoulder. "Everything's gonna be fine, Blair."

I nodded at her.

"Here." She handed me the notebook she was holding. "Take this."

I held it, confused.

"What's this?" I asked.

She just smiled. "You'll know. I'll go now."

I left alone, intrigued.

I opened the notebook.

I was shocked when I read the first date.

Jan 20, 2012

I was so wrong when I let Dad drive the trailer truck. It lost control and killed him. It was like I killed him.

Jan 21, 2012

I was so down. But I learned that another family had destroyed because of the accident. There was a survivor. I was the assistant for her surgery.

Jan 22, 2012

My heart broke when I saw the lady cry after realizing she won't be able to walk again. When I thought I was unlucky, I saw this lady's condition and realized how hard it is for her.

I decided to take care of her with my life because I was the reason of her family's death.

Jan 23, 2012

I watched over her. She was stubborn and was a snob to all the nurses.

Jan 24, 2012

I talked with Dr. Brown and Dr. Williams. I asked them to give her a nurse to look after her, so she would feel comfortable.