Chapter 4

I was glad to be out of the hospital after a year but was also down in the dumps to start a new life without someone I would love to be with.

I thought I would be free when I left the hospital. But, no. I would never be free. There was no way out to this miserable world of mine.

See for yourself.

--

Early in the morning, I called my secretary to make breakfast for me.

My secretary had been working for me since I turned 18. My father asked her to help me whenever I need her. My family has a company and they wanted me to take over when I reach 25. Before that, they planned on giving me training, workshop, and management courses with my secretary because the course I took in college was General Education and it was obviously far from managerial courses.

Unfortunately, everything was ruined because of the accident. I wasn't able to graduate in college or to get training.

Good thing, my secretary had things under control. Our company keeps going.

She must have under too much pressure.

I answered my phone ringing. It was my secretary.

"Yes?"

"Your doctors called me. The private nurse was on its way minutes ago. I have his number. I'll send it to you."

"Sure. Wait... They sent me a guy?"

"Ah. Yes. I talked to them about it. There was no one who wanted to... you know... to stay in with you because of the issues and everything but this nurse volunteered."

I sighed.

"Also, I won't be coming. I need to accommodate new investors. I'll go there when I need you to sign papers."

"Yeah, sure."

The phone call ended.

Not long after that, the doorbell rang.

I was still on the bed so, I was having a hard time getting up and sit in my wheelchair.

Before I even got out of the bed, I heard a 'ding' sound, which means my door got opened. Then, I heard it being shut. My secretary must have told him the passcode.

Tsk. I clicked my tongue to disbelief. 

Gosh.

"How rude!" I shouted.

I heard the person's steps getting nearer to my bedroom.

"Quickly, come! I'll teach you a lesson! How dare--"

I stopped when I realized who it was.

"Our meetings are always like this. Is that how you miss me?"

It was a bolt from the blue to see him who kept me annoyed and disturbed all night.