Best.

The practice was going relatively slow today, all his focus was on the first years trying to set for the new middle blocker on the team Onaga, he was looking quite promising with his spikes.Out of the corner of his eye, he notices Sarukui coming up to him, he chooses to ignore the third year in favor of setting another ball to the first year. Already knowing why the guy was approaching him.

"Akaashi please, look at him... he's suffering" Sarukui points to Bokuto a look of pity in his eyes for the team captain as if Akaashi doesn't already know (Bokutos' weakness number 42 not getting a single spike from Akaashi all practice).

It's not that he didn't want to set for the Ace it's just that as the Vice-captain of Fukurodani Volleyball team it's his duty to teach the first year's the ropes, and it's not like he can trust the Captain to do it. Not when the guy is crying in the corner of the gym.

Akaashi makes another pass for the first year to spike then glances at Sarukui and starts speaking calmly to the third year "Sarukui, please don't disturb my training with the first years." he says then goes on making sure to raise his voice for Bokuto to hear on his next words "I already told him he is more than welcome to come to practice his receives on the other side of the net" He says to the adult size child in the corner as he sets another ball.

Bokuto yells across the court "You haven't paid any attention to me all day. Even when I was doing receives how do you expect me to find any motivation." Bokuto sniffs looking like a neglected child.

Sighing Akaashi looks over at the spiky hair Ace with all the patience and will Akaashi can muster he forces a smile on his face he knows will look like the devil incarnate and says "I find it's more important to train are first years, don't you think? and considering your receives are below average don't you think you should come practice with us too." not phrasing the last part as a question but more like a command. everyone looks at the vice-captain in fear feeling a shiver run down their spine at the atmosphere of murder around the setter.

Seriously, he thinks, this is the first week back to school. They need to start by training the newbies to replace the missing spots on the team. Bokuto just needs to get his head out of his ass and help out.

Bokuto pales and goes to the other side of the net to start receiving spikes from the first years, teardrops fall from Bokuto's eyes and Akaashi feels kinda bad for being the cause of them. Knowing Bokuto won't be able to receive any spikes if he looks that deflated.

Sighing "Boku-" the raven starts saying but freezes.

Akaashi notices Bokuto is smiling at him from the other side of the net, his posture changing, there's a look of determination on his face one that Akaashi knows all too well. It still amazes him how fast the Ace of Fukurodani can just change his attitude so easily like a switch "Pft- below average my ass, I'm just as good of a receiver as I am a spiker, I'll show you AKAAAASHI"

Akaashi smirks as he sees the craze seriousness in his eyes. He sets the ball to the first year once more with as much persian as he can. Onaga jumps and goes for a Horizontal shot across the court, away from the Ace's ready arms. Akaashi is proud of his disciple for his choice in tactics. He watches eyes wide as Bokuto manages to sprint lightning fast to the other side of the court sliding and taping the ball with his fist. Akaashi stares, body stiff. Everyone around them in awe of just how fast Bokuto ran to receive, praising the Captain for his reflex and speed. To the untrained eye, you would think the spiky-haired ace was superman or something, but no Bokuto read Onaga. Akaashi saw the way he studied the first year's body and positioned his body to jump giving himself enough momentum to sprint to the other side accordingly, the reason why this surprised him so much is that he didn't know Bokuto could read-block, he must have learned it from Nekomas' libero Yaku at camp last year.

Bokuto makes eye contact with him and he sees it. The look he gets when he knows he's the best. Akaashi envy's that look so much because this is the Bokuto that makes him want to be better.

It makes him want to set for him.

Makes him want to be as good as him.

It's the look that drives him to practice at home for hours.

The look that gives him goosebumps on the court because he knows it's gonna be a good game.

The look that makes him overwork himself because he needs to match that determination.

Because Bokuto deserves the best setter.

Because Bokuto deserves the best team.

Because Bokuto is the best.

Because Akaashi knows, he knows that Bokuto will be the best Ace of all Japan.

And to be the best he has to have the best and that's why Akaashi is working himself day and night. Working these first years to the bone.

After all, No one else is gonna do it.