Smile.

Akaashi went to class the next morning, drowning everything out. It felt like he was on autopilot. Sometimes reminding himself not to go to the volleyball court, trying to avoid any of his teammate's questions on why he didn't show up to practice this morning, which wasn't that hard considering he didn't have any classes with them. This goes on for three days.

He regretted what he said to Bokuto, but he knew he couldn't take it back now, it's for the best, sure it was going to be hard on them to find a new setter but at least this way Bokuto would be able to play. The team needed Bokuto more then they needed him.

So if any of those idiots asked it's not because he's a quitter, it was a necessity, it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.

At least this way, he can focus more on schoolwork like his mother always wanted. No more games. It's better to start now than in college, right? Not that it made a difference. He was still an A student with or without volleyball.

He sat down at his desk earlier than usual, watching his classmates gossip, not really paying attention.

"Hey," Akaashi startles at the word, not even noticing that Sakura was in front of him. Oh, right the kiss, he almost forgot he kissed his own classmate. He can't help but think how crazy it was, Just a few days ago they were making out.

Sakura looks embarrassed now, rubbing her neck with one hand and laughing awkwardly. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. You just seemed zoned out." He seems to be doing that a lot lately.

One of her followers, a boy by the name of Ryan or something, came by behind her setting his elbow on her shoulder. "HUH, isn't that how he always looks?" Sakura manages to roll her eyes at that, flustered now that the American exchange student was behind her.

"You're being rude again, Rhymes," Sakura says offhandedly. Akaashi can't help but wonder how many times a day she has to tell Rhymes this. Considering the amounts of detentions he gets in class, and the fights he sees him in anytime Sakura receives so much as a sexual comment thrown her way, he'd have to say a lot. He can't help but wonder if this is what all Americans are like. Are they all as hotheaded as Rhymes?

"Tch, whatever as long as he's not bothering you," he says and glares daggers over Sakuras' shoulder at him, and with that, he walks away to his desk.

"Sorry about him, he means well" Sakura smiles at him and turns to see the direction the exchange student went off to smiling sadly at him before turning back.

"You like him." Akaashi doesn't mean to blurt that out he really doesn't and sees how Sakuras' face immediately turns red, he feels even worse for the comment it's none of his business.

"Sor-" he starts saying but is cut off.

"No, it's fine. It's just that he leaves in spring, so it doesn't matter if I tell him, right?" she says with a self-deprecating smile on her face, and he can't help it. Sakura is to nice of a person to be wearing that smile.

"If you like him, you should let him know, he defiantly likes you back, and when you guys are older, I'm sure you'll make plans to meet up in America or japan who cares. If he does reject you well, it's not like you'll see him again." shit, he said to much. He was to blunt like always. This is defiantly the lack of sleep talking.