Hugs.

They received one penalty from Nekoma the next day. As they filed into the bus to go back to school, everyone was chatting and laughing for a job well-done, everyone except Bokuto, that is. Akaashi turned to his friend and gave him a sad smile.

"It happens to everyone, Bokuto. There's no need to feel embarrassed," Akaashi tries. Even though he very well knows that it does not, in fact, happen to everyone.

"Aww... man that was sick, Bokuto," Anahori says, roughly patting Bokuto on the back. Akaashi gives the first-year his infamous death glare and watches as he quickly turns away to the end of the bus. He moves himself and Bokuto to sit in the front and lets his friend have the window seat. Akaashi can't help but sigh as he sees his friend looking out through the window as if he was in some dramatic music video.

"Really, Bokuto, it's no big deal. Everyone will forget about it by tomorrow," he tries again to council his friend.

Bokuto turns to him, showing Akaashi his bitch face "Akaashi; this doesn't happen to everyone... I'm cursed," he whispers the last part looking around to make sure nobody heard him, "don't be ridiculous. You're not cursed" Akaashi assures him and is promptly shushed for his reply.

"Akaashi, how many people do you know of that ripped their shorts while doing a spike in mid-air?" Bokuto whispered-yelled, right at the side of the ravens face, Akaashi wipes the spit from his face and faces Bokuto with an angry expression. Still, Bokuto was too focused on his underwear to even look ashamed for spitting out his words "They all saw my underwear, they won't ever take me seriously now." 

Akaashi rolls his eyes at that "I assure you that they never took you seriously in the first place Bokuto" "Aghaaaashi" Bokuto cries "we're supposed to be friends" Akaashi ignores him and keeps going with what he was saying "and everyone's seen you in your owl boxers in the locker room, so just wear shorts that actually fit you next time." honestly he doesn't see what the big deal is "it's not cool" Bokuto whispered "excuse me" "it was embarrassing, we lost because of it, and now I get no hugs." 

It was true, the reason they lost was that the team couldn't keep focused enough on the ball to stop giggling and Bokuto had to step out of the game to change his shorts. Akaashi feels terrible because he knows in Bokutos' head this was a tremendous loss. Not only did he rip his pants in front of his whole team, but he lost the match as a result. It doesn't matter that they won all the games because Bokuto set out for no penalties, and he lost. They sit in silence for the duration of the ride until Akaashi falls asleep.

He wakes up with a light tapping on his hand "Akaashi, wake up. We're here" he takes a startled breath and moves away, realizing he must have fallen asleep on Bokutos shoulder. Then Akaashi makes a sneer when he sees said shoulder, "You could have woken me up idiot, I drooled all over you." 

"It's fine I didn't want to wake you" Bokuto smiles. Akaashi can't help that his heart races; he then realizes they're the last ones on the bus. They walk out thanking the bus driver as they leave and start walking towards their houses.

Before they make the turn to they're houses, Akaashi stops walking Bokuto looks at him head tilted. 

"You okay, Akaashi?" Akaashi looks up at the Ace "Even though we had a penalty I-I'll allow you A hug just this once. that is if-" before he gets to finish he is being squeezed to death and pulled up by Bokutos big meaty arms "I-I can't breath" he chokes out Bokuto softens his hold and shoves his face into Akaashis' neck, the setter stiffens as Bokuto takes a deep breathe as if trying to breath in fresh air after being confined for days, Akaashi doesn't know what to do feeling stupid he's like a limp noodle just standing there with his arms by his side 

"Bokuto" Akaashi whines, "you said you wouldn't complain" yes, he remembers, but the rules don't apply right now, dumbass Bokuto forfeited those rules when he lost the match. Yet, Akaashi seems to have lost his voice, but on Bokuto's next deep breath, he feels lips on his neck, and Akaashi feels something tight in his stomach 'this isn't right' he thinks and pushes Bokuto away because NO. Bokuto didn't mean to do that, and Akaashi is just tired from the training, so he's not thinking straight.

Bokuto looks down, and Akaashi can't see his eyes "sorry, Bokuto. I'm just exhausted is all I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" Bokuto smiles up at him and agrees, but Akaashi knows that smile is faked and hates that smile so much, he turns away from Bokuto and walks off feeling like he just missed something important.

*Authors note: Hope you guys like the story so far. *