Chapter Five

Jade's POV

I yawn, waking up the next morning in the hospital bed. I look over and see Travis snuggled in bed. I smile. Then when I turn my head, I frown. Beck is sitting on the chair, awake and has a cheeky grin on his face.

"I thought you would leave during the night" I said with a frown.

"Come on, you know I'm not like that" he grins.

"I really don't like you" I scowl. I was about to get up, when I realize what I fell asleep in. I look at Beck. "Look away."

"Why?" he smirked.

"You know exactly."

"I've seen you like that before."

"It's different now!"

Beck keeps the smirk on his face and he puts his hands up in defense. "Fine, fine". He turns away. I put on the dress again, which I really didn't want to do. I don't like dresses, unless it's a special occasion. Being in the hospital room with your son and ex is not special. More torturous.

"Can I turn back around?" he groans.

"Yes" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest, "you know you can leave now. It's morning."

"I want to stay until Travis wakes up" he explains.

"Why do you care so much?" I sigh.

"I could ask the same about you" he stands up coming towards me, "come on, you hated kids before you had Travis. When I always went on and on explaining how much I wanted kids, you would always shut me out. You wouldn't even come babysitting with me for fifty bucks each."

"Can we not talk about this here?" I say quietly looking down at the floor.

"No. I want to talk about this now. I want to talk about why you had such a change of heart" Beck demands, "sure I cheated on you, but your tuff. You would've not went to school for the nine months, explaining you didn't want to see me and then once you gave the baby up for adoption come back and act like everything was fine."

"You don't understand anything, Beck" I scowled. He didn't know the whole truth.

"I know I don't. That's why I want to know" he got closer. I didn't say anything. I kept my gaze on the floor.

"Jade..." he wanted me to tell him and he wasn't going to stop.

"Fine!" I shouted, "I left because I wanted to be a mother! I wanted to take responsibility! I didn't want to be the care-free 'I hate kids' girl anymore! I didn't want Travis to grow up with an adopted family like I did! I didn't want his adoptive parents not being proud of him because they would never understand what his real parents went through like me!"

That left Beck speechless. He knew I was adopted, he just never spoke of it. He also never knew this much of it. It was all true. I wasn't just thinking of myself when I moved away. I was thinking of Travis's life to. And if I had stayed and gave him up, things would be totally different.

"Now you know, okay? I never want-" he cut me off. That's when he grabbed me and kissed me. For a moment I was hesitant on to kiss back or not. What should I do? I mean I didn't-I mean I don't- oh I don't know. I kissed him back. It went on for a couple more seconds, until we heard a voice.

"Mommy? Daddy?".

We quickly pulled apart to see Travis. He looked at us skeptically as he held Hungry tightly to his chest. Oh my god.

"Daddy has to go now" I say suddenly clearing my throat.

"Yeah. I'll see you soon, Travy" he shows a nervous smile and kisses his forehead, quickly leaving.

What had just happened?

Beck's POV

All day while filming, all I could think about was Jade. How I kissed her. Why did I kiss her? It was probably just the heat of the moment. Besides, I love Tori. When I kissed Tori, I forgot about Jade. Only for seconds, thought.

But I wasn't going to break up with Tori for Jade. Jade and I broke up. Jade didn't want me back, and I didn't want her back. Friends? Sure. Nothing more.

Who am I kidding? I still love Jade! But I didn't want to hurt Tori, like I did Jade. I can't do that twice. It'll ruin everything. I already ruined it once...but I don't want to lead Tori on. I needed to tell her that I didn't love her anymore.

"Is everything okay?" asked Tori.

"Um, yeah" I said showing a smile.

"Beck, I need to talk to you." she sighed.

"I do, too" I said, "you go first."

"I-I...I want to break up" she looked down.

"What?" I say shocked/happy, "why?".

"I'm going to be completely honest." she took a deep breath, "Andre and I have been dating for the past week."

I didn't see that coming. Yet, I didn't care, really. I still love Jade. Now I can be with Jade!

"That's okay" I grin, "that's totally okay."

"It is?" she questioned, confused.

"I think I still love Jade."

"That's great. She must love you back. And I'm sorry it had to be that way. That I cheated...but you and Jade deserve to be together."

"Thanks Tori. We're still doing the movie, though, right?"

Tori laughed. "Yeah". I smiled. This is perfect. Everything is going to be perfect.

Jade's POV

It was about 9 pm and Travis and I had got home six hours ago. He had an eppy pen now. It was dark blue. Travis had picked the color and he loved it. Travis was now tucked in his bed, fast asleep. I sat in the middle of Josh and Debbie just to annoy them.

"So what happened while I wasn't here?" I smirked, "will I see another baby around here?"

Josh laughed. "Maybe" he winks. I roll my eyes and playfully push him. "What happened at the hospital?" asked Debbie.

"Something stupid" I frowned. They looked confused. "What happened?". I explained the fight with Beck and then the kiss. "Did it mean anything?" asked Debbie.

Yes. I wanted to say 'yes it did. I still love him. I want him more then anything in the world'. But he didn't love me back. He loves Tori. Before Debbie asked for an answer, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" I say quickly, getting up and running towards the door. I swing open the door to see Beck standing there. "Beck" I barley get the words out, "why are you here?".

"I need to talk to you" he says, "about the kiss."

"Me to!" I say quickly. Now I have to lie, "the kiss meant nothing. We were just caught up in the moment. It was a mistake."

"Jade-".

"It would be ridiculous for us to kiss each other because I don't love you anymore."

"But Jade-".

"I mean I won't ever love you again."

"Yeah your right. I don't love you. I just kissed you because the heat of the moment. I mean me? Love you? I'm pretty sure the only reason I dated you in high school was because you were a challenge. Your hard to maintain and so demanding. I mean a person like me love a gank like you? Weird."

That hurt. That hurt badly. Really badly. "Well goodbye." He waved and walked off. When I closed the door, I slide against it and instantly started crying.