You Left

POV: Ochako Uraraka

I was walking down a crowded street, various faces passing me every second. The only difference was, none of them caught my eye like you used to.

Those sparkling green eyes that would light up when you smiled, or that fluffy green hair that looked so cute whether you tried or not. I miss those things, I miss it all, I miss you.

I'm Ochako Uraraka, a soon to be pro hero studying at UA High. My quirk is zero gravity, and I plan to use my power for good.

My best friends were Izuku Midoriya and Tenya Iida. Were, meaning something changed. My first crush, Izuku, or as I liked to call him, Deku.

Deku decided to leave UA unexpectedly, people say they don't know where he went, but we all are lying through false smiles.

We know who the news reports are talking about, we know who the Emerald Ripper is. Everyone needs to stop acting, and realize that one of our trusted schoolmates turned to the dark.

These people that are bumping shoulders with me can't feel the pain I feel internally, and for that I'm grateful. I loved you more than life itself, and I haven't seen you since that day. Six months ago, when you were just "late to class", you disappeared and took my heart with you.

The ability of compassion is harder than ever for me. One of my structural foundations for becoming a hero is gone because of my stupid emotions.

When my thoughts wander too late at night I can't help but imagine that I'll have to fight you one day. Stand face to face with you, have to act like I'm strong when I'm breaking. I close my eyes and wish on shooting stars that that it will never come to pass, but my instincts tell me better.

-

I turn the corner on the crumbling sidewalk, and make my way to a small coffee shop down the street.

When I enter, I walk directly to the green haired girl working at the counter. She's the only one that knows I can't afford anything. The only one that knows how much weight I've lost from not eating. It saves money, and money is what my family needs right now.

"Hey, Su!" I smile and lean on the counter, supporting myself with my elbows.

She smiles back, and places a to-go cup of coffee in front of me. "On me, ribbit."

I shoot her a frustrated glare, "Thanks, but I didn't need anything."

"Your eyebags say differently," the frog tilts her head slightly and gives a sympathetic smile.

"Wow, thanks," I laugh softly, the corner of my mouth dragging up into a smile of my own.

"I never said you looked ugly," Su scoffs.

"Mhm," I take the cup and turn to leave, "anyways, I just dropped by to tell you I'll get your papers that you're missing today."

"Ah yeah, thanks, ribbit," Su waves, "I hate to get called in like this."

"I know the feeling, I'm sorry," I open the door, "thanks for the coffee!"

After stepping back outside, onto the sidewalk, I start my way towards the school.

Cars pass by every so often as I go through the not so popular part of town. My eyes linger on alleyways and abandoned buildings.

Where are you?

A/N
I know there's a lot of hate on this ship. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with it, but it's pretty cute. Anyway, I hope you guys are excited for this roller coaster of a fanfic I have planned. Please consider leaving a vote if you enjoyed!