Chances

"Even though Katsuki Bakugou was apprehended and charged with all the Emerald Ripper's crimes. You still were apart of these actions, so technically you should be in jail right now. Thanks to some of the staff here, and the therapist and mental managers you saw.. you are being allowed a second chance in our support course. You make one mistake and you're out. Got it?" Nezu speaks precisely, not giving me a second to input anything.

"Yes, yes, sir!" I try to smile, but my lips struggle to turn upright. "Thank you," so instead of smiling, I bow my head, "thank you all so much."

-

Some people hate me, some think I should be in jail, some think I deserve another chance. Luckily, my best friend, my only friend, is the last type.

Uraraka hasn't left me, even after I technically caused Iida's death. She still sticks by my side. She still eats lunch with me.

We walk to the lunchroom together, sitting at our usual table. The empty chairs that sit on the side opposite of us would seem normal to most. Except the one in front of me used to be filled by a kind, commited, blue haired boy. My heart aches as I imagine Kaachan shooting him in the chest. I can tell Uraraka is probably thinking the same because her shakey hand intertwines with mine, I give a light squeeze and glance to her. Her eyes are filled with tears.

"I hope you don't mind," she speaks quietly, wiping under her eyes with her free hand.

"Mind what-?" But before I have time to answer, I notice a certain frog walking up to our table.

"That and this," Uraraka nods her head towards our hands and then to Asui.

The green haired girl walks the rest of the way over, and pulls out the chair Iida wouldn't usually sit in. "That one was his right?" the frog asks, glancing to the other chair.

The brunette beside me nods, and Su carefully sits the rest of the way down.

"Thank you," Ochako whispers speaks to Asui.

"Of course," the frog looks to her food with a solemn expression, she wasn't super close with Iida.. but losing a classmate has to be hard on anyone.

"Midoriya, I think it's great that you're getting a second chance," Su speaks to me.

"I'm beyond grateful," I nod my head solemnly.

"Did you guys hear about the date for the viewing," Uraraka speaks softly, yet her voice still cracks.

"I have," Asui looks down.

"Yeah."

"Can we go together?" she asks.

"Of course," Su and I assure her in unison.

"Thank you guys, thank you."

A/N
And another book down! Keep a look out for upcoming MHA fanfictions on my page!! Thanks for reading. <3