[xxxvii] GOOGLE.

"uhm, boss- i mean, hange?"

     you quietly spoke out, afraid of breaking the tranquility of the night. cheeks red from both the cold breeze and shyness, your eyes turned to the tall figure beside you. hange only hummed, leaning against the fence and never taking their eyes off the night sky. "am i... am i really, uhm, oblivious?" you asked nervously, looking down on the ground as you played with your fingers.

     you had no idea why you asked about it so suddenly but then again, with your friends complaining about you being oblivious, you started to overthink if you really were. armin told you that hange was showing signs of liking you but you were dead set on denying it. the two of you were close, sure, but there was no way that hange would like you... right? all their teasing is just plain teasing, like friends do. 

     "why do you ask?" hange questioned, finally breaking their line of sight to glance at you.

     "well, uhm, my friends keep telling i am one." you answered truthfully, "they said that a blind man can even pick up the signs that you keep throwing at me." 

     hange paused before repeating your words, "me?"

     you gulped and felt your blood run cold. there... you knew that hange would never like you that way. your friends were exaggerating their actions too much. you nodded and shakily smiled, ignoring the fact that your chest tightened at the said thought. "y-yeah... they made this whole, uhm, ship because they think that you like me. it's not true, right? you're just being nice..." you lamely explained, laughing awkwardly as you looked away and turned your attention to the bright moon.

     the scientist didn't reply and you shakily sighed, placing your hands on the fence as you gripped it tightly. way to make it awkward, good job! you told yourself bitterly.

     "yeah, you are oblivious." hange suddenly said, wearing a bright smile that even the moon couldn't compete, "i can't believe that your friends have to force you to open your eyes just to notice my advances."

     "huh? w-what?!"

     hiding half of your face with your hand, you looked at your boss with wide eyes. did they really just? were they right all along?! oh my fucking god, i'm an idiot. 

     "i said, they're completely right. i like you, y/n. a lot. love? now, that's a secret." hange confessed with a soft look in their hazel eyes, grabbing your hand and slowly pulling it away from your face. "it was kind of annoying to see you act so dense when i've already shown you a lot of signs. were you doing it on purpose or are you just this dumb?"

     you pursed your lips and looked away shyly, "i don't know if i should feel insulted."

     hange only laughed and moved to face you properly, trapping you between the fence and their body. they moved closer and placed two of their fingers under your chin, lifting your face up. your face grew hot at their sudden close proximity but hange being hange, was confident as always and it never wavered. "h-hange?" you squeaked out.

     before you knew it, hange had their lips on yours. your eyes widened, heartbeat picking up its pace as you tried to wrap your head around what was happening. the smell of lavender filled your nose as hange slowly moved their lips against yours, pressing their lips harder and wrapping an arm around your waist to show just how much they longed for you. your eyes slowly fluttered close once you got your brain to work again. you shyly kissed back, wrapping an arm around their neck as your lips moved in sync with passion. they moved a bit closer until your back was hitting the fence just as hange made the kiss deeper, startling the latter for a bit.