[liii] MIKASA.

you walked around the living room anxiously, mumbling to yourself about something you couldn't even comprehend while hange tried to watch the movie that was currently playing in your television. keyword: tried.

     the brown-haired scientist groaned and threw their hands up, "y/n! sit your pretty ass down! i'm watching something?" they complained.

     you sheepishly smiled and went over the couch, plopping down beside them with a small grunt. "sorry, my friends are just making me panic for no reason at all." you muttered, your lips angled to a frown.

     hange only laughed and pecked your forehead, pulling you into their arms where you immediately calmed down. you closed your eyes and snuggled close to their warmth, shutting your mouth instead to watch the movie currently playing. at least they managed to stop your buzzing nerves.

     the two of you watched in silence, completely forgetting the fact that some people were on their way to threaten the person that you love so much. you honestly couldn't understand why they chose your apartment instead of a nice restaurant. it wasn't small, but it wasn't big either. it gets cramped when there's a lot of people and considering that you have more than five friends, things were about to get messy.

     knocks filled your eardrums, as well as a bunch of screaming from the other side. oh god, they're here. you face-palmed and stood up with a slight pout, missing the warmth from hange's hug who watched you with a small smile.

     "wait a minute!" you yelled as you scrambled to your feet, gripping the doorknob before pulling the door open.

     the first one to enter was eren, with his arms spread open like he was some sort of god. "everyone! your favorite person is here!" he yelled, earning a couple of 'boo's from the others behind him.

     your friends scrambled to get inside, greeting hange with their simple 'hello's and smiles. already, you were panicking. mikasa hadn't smile towards you when she saw you and bertholdt was unusually quiet, blending in the shadows. currently, they were the only ones who were still a bit wary of hange. the others didn't care so much, as they had shipped you with your boss after sending them memes. especially jean.

     in fact, he was the most enthusiastic one out of the bunch.

     "hey sasha, can you help me with the food and drinks?" you called out for your friend from the kitchen, and almost immediately, she was standing beside you.

     sasha eyed you with a puzzling look, seeing your hands shake a bit as you heated the nacho sauce. "uh, are you okay? you look high."

     you snorted, "nah, i'm just nervous. for some reason."

     "is it about the others and what they'll think of you and boss hange?" she guessed, grabbing a chocolate from your fridge without even asking.

     "i guess so."

     your friend only flashed a heartwarming smile and patted your shoulder, "no need to worry, silly. everyone already loves you two! especially jean and eren."

    "i know but it's mikasa and bertholdt i'm worried about," you confessed with a sigh, "what if they don't like them? after all, they always keep their opinions to themselves. what if they don't approve? i'll have to choose between my partner and friends! that will ruin everything i--"

     sasha let out a loud chuckle and smacked the back of your head, causing you to yelp and shoot her a glare. she wore a calm smile, her brown hues glistening as she chewed on her treat. "are you hearing yourself, y/n? they're doing this because they care about you." she chirped out, "don't worry, you'll see them relaxing around boss hange soon enough once they see how in love they are when it comes to you."