one!!

chapter one: shots & lonelinessdate: january 12th, 2020

date: january 12th, 2020

☽ ☽ ☽

josh considered himself an outsider.

he wasn't a loner of any sorts, he had many friends, but when it came to those friends, he wasn't exactly the heart of the group.

josh's place in his friendship circle wasn't exactly special at all really.. sure he'd often be labelled as the 'dad' of the group, but what 20-something-year-old was going to value the friend that was constantly reminding them of their parents.

it was okay though, josh wasn't bothered by the fact that he was the removable friend of the group, he understood it really. josh figured that with most of his peers just about entering their twenties, they were having fun breaking free of the rules their parents had imposed on them for years, why would they want someone around that reminded them of that?

most of the time, he and his friends would find themselves gathering at parties or eachothers flats, depending on some drinks to get through the night- maybe they were a little disfunctional, but it didn't matter really.

some part of josh wished that they all could hang out normally, fully sober, but still having fun, perhaps playing a video game or something like that. he was just told this was his annoying dad side speaking though.

that was why he was an outsider, stood at the rims of parties, leaning against the wall with a half-drunken cup of liquor in his hand, just looking in at his friends.

he loved his friends. he loved his friends quite dearly actually. josh supposed that the group worked quite well together, everyone having their distinctive traits, some loud ones, some crazy ones, some smarter ones, and, some boring ones too..

even if they did have to be intoxicated to be able to stand eachother, would they be real friends if they didn't?

tonight was another night like this, a gathering at tobi and harry's dorm. everybody had just come back from christmas break, a bit gloomy that they would be going back to uni, so harry had the marvellous idea of throwing a party to cheer everyone up - he called it a 'late new years.'

everyone seemed to be very on board with the mock new years event, calling it another one of harry's ingenious ideas. josh couldn't help but agree, he considered harry to be one of the more essential characters in the group, he was regularly the one hosting the gatherings, throwing famous halloween parties every year.

tobi, harry's roommate was very good at decorating the flat, even dj'ing at times; josh quite liked tobi too, he was nice, approachable and would make sure josh felt included.