five!!

chapter five: business & best friendsdate: 3rd of february, 2020

date: 3rd of february, 2020

☽ ☽ ☽

after around a week of recovery, harry ditched his protective boot and invaded his university lectures again. in hindsight, he had healed quite quickly, the boy was now walking and even running around freely, only a slight limp in his step.

when he returned, fellow students embraced harry warmly, giving him pats on the back, bright smiles and wishing him a well recovery. josh had completely forgotten just how popular his friend was.

the older boy sighed at his own foolishness; he was an idiot thinking he was special to harry. of course the blonde didn't need him, josh could be easily replaced by any other loser who stalks at his side. that's what josh thought anyways.

harry seemed to have different opinions- when he returned to uni he was overwhelmed by the crowds of people coming to support him and give him their love.

it's always endearing to be so appreciated by your peers, but sometimes harry wishes he was a little more quiet, more reserved. he wanted his friends coming to hug him, not guys he sat next to once in a lecture, or girls who thought he was cute.

harry longed to see josh too, ever since he returned they'd both been too busy to see eachother giving their conflicting timetables. the only time they would meet up would be on the weekends, at some party, where they wouldn't even speak much.

josh had grown to be harry's best friend, yet the younger hadn't admitted that, fearing slightly that josh wouldn't feel the same. when josh was free, harry had offered to ditch his class and meet up with him; josh just replied "no, don't worry! you don't have to."

i know i dont have to, harry thought, huffing to himself, i want to..

"i don't know why he's ducking me, does he even like me? ah- what if he's avoiding me because he thinks im annoying?" harry sorrows, a big pout played at his lips as he exhales heavily.

vik is relaxed out on his couch, the younger boy sprawled over him while he goes through all the possibilities of why josh wasn't visiting him.

vik groans, he been trapped under him for an hour now and the conversation seemed to be repeating itself, "harry, look. josh doesn't hate you, he fucking loves you, you can see it in his eyes when he talks to you. if anything, he probably thinks that you think he's annoying."

"wha- why would he think that?" harry exclaims, abruptly sitting up from where his head was resting on vik's lap, "this man knows that i adore him, im sliding into his dms so much im leaving skidmarks."

"have you even met the guy? he's shy, reserved and a little insecure- you never know what he's thinking.." the older boy spewed, trailing off at the end.

harry huffed, standing in front of vik with his arms out in question, "so what do i say to him? do i go and visit him? is that too much-"

"god haz, you're thinking way too much into this," the other jarred, pursing his lips, "dude, you're acting like he's your girlfriend; he's your friend just go and see him."

"right, okay, okay."

☽ ☽ ☽

harry pokes his tongue against his inner cheek, idly picking at his nails.

he's leant against a wall, outside of the class that he knew for a fact josh was in, he'd be coming out in a few minutes.

why was he so nervous all of a sudden? he wasn't too sure. why did josh make him all jittery? maybe he drank too much coffee today..

josh was a business major, which a lot of people would view as boring and dull. harry, though, called it sophisticated and complex, he thought it suited him quite well.

on the other hand, harry was an art kid; most people would applaud him for this and claim he's a creative mastermind.

sooner than he's ready for, the door besides him bursts open and a flurry of students rush out. they were most likely dying to get out of that lecture through the whole duration of it.

a few moments pass, josh still hasn't exited and harry begins to worry that he's dropped by the wrong class.

just then, josh shuffled out of the doorframe lethargically. there's dark shadows cast under his drained eyes and his lips are poised into a deep-set frown.

"h-harry?" the older boy's eyes widen, features automatically perking up, "wha- what are you doing here?" he stammered.

"i wanted to see you. should i walk you home?" harry chirped, jutting out his elbow for josh to take.

josh awkwardly interlinked their elbows, scratching his shoulder, "uh-sure.. i guess.. i just don't understand- don't you have better things to do?"

the blonde flinches, looking down.

josh grits his teeth, realising that might've come off as rude. he splutters, "ah, i didn't mean it like that, just- i didn't expect this from you."

"since when was i not allowed to see my best friend?" harry teased, shoving his hands into his pockets now.

josh meets his eyes, his lips parted slightly, "b-best friend?"

harry's mouth goes dry, words stuck in his throat. "yeah.. you're my best friend."

biting his bottom lip, josh can't control the smile that blossoms over his face, "i suppose you're my best friend too."

"you suppose- im your only friend motherfu-" the smaller yips, elbowing his side.

josh shoves him away, storming off in fake anger, "i don't wanna be your best friend anymore."

"whaaaat? it's only been 10 seconds!"

☽ ☽ ☽

hey🥺

well that was short but sweet

i promise it will spice up soon

ty for reading anyways,
naz💜