two!!

chapter two: music & skatingdate: 19th of january, 2020

date: 19th of january, 2020

☽ ☽ ☽

it was a saturday again; the group seemed to always be together that day.

josh found himself at the bus stop that was just a few streets away from his block of flats, sitting on the red bench, strumming his fingers on his knee.

tap, tap, tap. until the elderly woman next to him was unashamedly giving him a death stare.

he was quite an anxious guy in general, but today he was a little more nervous than normal.

the group, or more so harry, had invited him to go iceskating.

josh straight away said no.

he thought about the few times he had stepped on the ice rink as a child, immediately falling flat on his bum and crying; only bad memories resided. josh respected ice skating as a beautiful sport, that required meticulous balance and focus - it was to safe say it wasn't for him.

the blonde boy begged him for days on end though, pleading that he would only feel comfortable if josh went with him, promising he wouldn't let josh fall, even once.

he knew this wouldn't be true, but he eventually said yes anyway. it was very typical of harry to be able to rope josh into certain things- he single-handedly pushed josh into going swimming with him, he almost drowned, and also made him his gym partner.

when he thinks of this, the brunette is incredibly grateful for his brave, blonde friend. josh loves the concept of trying new things, but sometimes needs an extra, forceful push from someone like harry to actually go through with it.

suddenly, there's the red bus charging towards him and josh puts his hand out to signal it.

when he gets on the vehicle, going upstairs, he sees the group all sat in different pairings in the rows of seats. harry, however, is sat by himself, looking out of the window with earphones plugged in.

josh figures harry isn't in a good mood, not speaking to anyone or even looking up at him.

the brunette boy greets the rest of his friends; it was jj, ethan, simon and talia, who had went on the trip, so josh understood harry wasn't the absolute closest with them.

he spends a few seconds deciding whether to sit next to harry or awkwardly by himself. josh slides in on the seat besides his blonde friend, if harry coerced josh into this trip, he would have to go through the hassle of talking to him.