Prologue

It was a warm summer afternoon, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were video-calling. They talked about whatever was on their mind and overall enjoyed each others company. 

"Yeah, I never thought that would ever happen!" Yamaguchi said while chuckling.

"Mhm, well I guess everyone can be capable of surprises" Tsukki replied.

A faint knocking noise could be heard from Tsukishima's side. "Wait a second" Tsukki said while opening his door.

"What are you doing hun?" a familiar feminine voice spoke. It was Tsukishimas mother. "Nothing much, I'm just calling with Yamaguchi" Tsukki replied. 

"Oh great! I wanted to ask him something" she beamed. Both Tsukki and Yamaguchi looked confused. "Why does she want to speak to me?" the green-haired boy wondered.

"Uhh Miss Tsukishima" he said with uncertainty "What did you want to speak to me about?". He started getting anxious, did she find out about his and Tsukki's relationship? The thoughts pondered his mind. 

"Yes yes" she grabbed the blonde's phone so she could see the freckled boy better. She looked very young. Yamaguchi could see the resemblance in their soft facial features, but other then that, they didn't really look alike. His mom had darker, straighter hair, so he assumed Tsukki would look more like his father. Come to think of it, he doesn't think he's ever seen his dad. According to Tsukki he isn't home very often.

"Kei's father and I were thinking about going to a summer house near the beach!" she exclaimed excitedly. This caught both Tsukki and Yamaguchi by surprise. "That's great Miss Tsukishima!" Yamaguchi replied with equally as much enthusiasm. "Yes! We haven't gone since Kei was just a little boy, and no better time than the present! The weather is great! Anywho, we were wondering if you would like to join us!" She said, a smile growing on her face. 

Yamaguchi was really surprised by the offer, he looked in the corner to see Tsukishima with a mixture of confusion and horror in his face. 

"Oh well, you see I'd love to but-" he quickly got cut off. "Your mother is working, right? Wouldn't you feel lonely if you were alone all day without Kei? And he would love to have his best friend with him!" she rambled on and on, her smile growing bigger and bigger. 

What she was saying was true, and he'd love to go but... Tsukki hadn't told them about their relationship yet, and being on vacation wouldn't make it any easier to keep it a secret. 

He started daydreaming about it, going on a trip with Tsukki seemed like heaven, he really wanted to go. "I'm not sure..." he said. "C'mon you'll love it!" She replied. He was getting more and more tempted, and who could say no when she was asking so nicely? "I- well, alright then!" he finally gave in. He could see Tsukki sigh in the background.

"Oh that's wonderful!" she said, placing her hand on her chest. "I'll tell Kei the details once we've figured them out!" she said slowly leaving Tsukki's room. "Have fun you two!" and the door closed.

It was quiet for a bit, Yamaguchi was afraid he might've angered Tsukki a little, but all he did was sigh.

"I- I'm sorry Tsukki" He said, growing a little uncertain with his decision. "It's ok Yamaguchi" Tsukki said. His soft voice calmed the boy down a bit. "Once she sets her mind on something, she usually gets what she wants, I dont blame you" the blonde explained. We'll just have to try our best alright?" He reassured him. Yamaguchi nodded, he was happy his boyfriend took it so well.

"I didn't know you had a summer home, Tsukki" Yamaguchi said. "Oh yeah, we haven't gone in the longest time, I was starting to forget about it." he trailed off. "Well, im looking forward to spending time with you" Yamaguchi uttered. He really did, even if he'd have to do a lot of effort to keep their relationship a secret, he was really looking forward to it.