Chapter 1

A few days have gone by since Yamaguchi decided to tag along on a Tsukishima family vacation. He was looking forward to it. They were leaving in two days, and Yamaguchi being as anxious as he was, started packing already. As he mindlessly shoved clothes into a pretty small green suitcase as he started thinking about having to hide his and Kei's relationship, surely it can't be too hard, right? He thought to himself.

They were to stay for about a week, which seemed like an optimal time, not too long, not too short, just right. His mind wandered off,  he was very excited to spend time with his boyfriend. They could walk on the beach, get ice-cream together, maybe they even got to share a room. He blushed a bit at the thought.

The next couple of days went by fast enough, it was Thursday morning and Yamaguchi was double-checking to see if he had everything he needed. Tsukki could be here any moment. "Did you pack enough underwear, make sure you take extras! You never know..." Yamaguchi's mom said. "Yeah yeah, at this point I probably have enough to last me a month! Don't worry about it" Yamaguchi replied while closing his suitcase. His phone vibrated, Tsukishima had send him a message. "We're here." It said. "Ah mom, I've got to go, they're here already!" He grabbed his coat and started putting on his shoes. "Alright sweetie" She pulled him into a kiss, it was funny how she had to stand on her tippy toes to reach his cheek. "Have fun alright? Stay safe, don't accept candy from strangers..." She started mumbling. "Yeah mom I won't, Bye!" he waved at her from their apartment door. "Love you!" She yelled waving back. "Love you too"

Yamaguchi walked out of the building, suitcase in hand. He made his way over to the parking lot, only to be greeted by a familiar face on the way. "Heya!" The blonde said. "Heya, Akiteru!" Yamaguchi replied. "Haha, have you gotten taller since we last spoke? You'll surpass me at that rate Tadashi!" Yamaguchi chuckled. They walked over to the car while maintaining small talk.

As the approached the car, Yamaguchi saw a blonde, tall man. As he turned around, he instantly knew it was Tsukki's dad. The resemblance was uncanny, they had the same hair, the same intimidating glare. He obviously got his height from him too. He was at least 195 cm tall, if not more. Though, despite his scary face, he smiled warmly at Yamaguchi when they made eye contact. This surprised him a bit.

"You must be Yamaguchi! Kei has told us a lot about you." He said, smiling fondly. He stuck his hand out, and the freckled boy shook it. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" he said, smiling brightly. "Let me help you with that" The man smiled, grabbing his suitcase. "Thank you very much!" Yama said, bending down slightly. As he greeted Tsukki's mother and made small conversation, he got into the car. Tsukki was sitting in the corner, staring out the window. As he heard the doors open he instinctively moved his head and instantly smiled.
"Hey" he said, somewhat breathlessly. "Hey!" Yamaguchi said back, a smile growing on his face.

They stared fondly at each other for a while, before Akiteru interrupted their moment by getting in the car. "Wooo road trip!" He exclaimed. "I brought uno!" He grabbed a box of playing cards from one of his pockets. "How are we supposed to play without a table dumbass" Tsukki wittily responded. "Language, young man" his dad said with a stern voice, all Tsukki did was roll his eyes. "Yeah! respect your elders!". He was dealing out cards, turns out he was serious about playing uno in a moving vehicle.

Tsukki's mother said the drive would take approximately 5 hours depending on the traffic. So they would normally arrive in the early evening. Yamaguchi sat in between Akiteru and Tsukki. His whole left side was practically squeezed next to Tsukki's, which made his heart race. He wanted to hold Tsukki's hand so bad, but he couldn't, partly because his arm was immobilized, but mainly since Tsukki wasn't out to his parents yet. He hoped he wouldn't have to deal with all these urges, but oh boy was he wrong.