Chapter 3

Tsukishima had spent most of the car ride playing on his console and looking out of the window. Akiteru and Yamaguchi were fast asleep. Yamaguchi was leaning on his brother's shoulder. As much as he would never admit it, Tsukki was kind of jealous. He wanted Yamaguchi to lean on his shoulder, he was his boyfriend after all.

Tsukki wished he hadn't drunk his iced coffee in one sitting, he was feeling very energetic, but with nobody to talk to.

He looked out of the window and sighed, they were in traffic. Normally they should've arrived already, and he was tired of sitting down all day.

He put away his console and grabbed some headphones, he plugged them into his phone and started playing music. As his headphones played a soothing sound, he slowly started spacing out, only to snap back to reality when the car stopped.

He opened his eyes and looked around, the car was parked in the driveway of a white brick house with yellow accents. He looked over to his right side only to see his brother trying to wake up Yamaguchi who was clinging on to his arm. Yamaguchi finally woke up, he looked around disoriented, like he had forgotten why he was here. Tsukishima chuckled at his expression and messy bedhead.

As they both got out of the car and stretched, Tsukishima inhaled the ocean breeze. He looked around a bit, being filled with complete nostalgia. He vividly remembered this place, all the memories flew into his mind like a tidal wave.

Yamaguchi grabbed his and Tsukki's suitcase, they stood in front of the door for a bit before getting in. Yama looked around the house, it looked very simple, it had white walls and minimal decor, which wasn't surprising considering they only came here in the summer. The place was a little dusty but nothing too bad. He looked back to Tsukki, who was looking around as well. Yamaguchi didn't really know where to go, considering he had never been here before. He followed Tsukki's lead to a relatively small bedroom. It had a bunk bed on one side, a small tv and a white dresser on the other.

Akiteru walked into the room greeting both of them "Heyy you two!" he exclaimed loudly. "Anywho I just came here to tell y'all mom said you two can share a room if you want, I can stay in the guest room." Tsukishima nodded at that and Akiteru left as quickly as he came in. "Looks like we're roommates" Tsukki said, smiling at the freckled boy, who seemed very flustered.

Yamaguchi felt his face heat up, he was kind of embarrassed but he couldn't ignore the butterflies in his stomach when he thought about sleeping in the same room as Tsukki for a week.

As they got settled, they chatted for a bit. Yamaguchi noticed that Tsukki was way more talkative then usual today, he didn't know whether he was just excited or if the caffeine was kicking in. He was unpacking while listening to his boyfriend ramble about nothing in particular, he grabbed a tiny mesh baggie and walked over to Tsukishima.

"Since hair can't be preserved in fossils, dinosaurs could've had coats like cats..." Tsukki was explaining. "Haha yeah... Hey Tsukki, I have something for you". The blonde looked at the olive haired boy with curiosity. Yamaguchi fumbled trying to open the small bag, he carefully pulled two bracelets out. They were handmade, it looked like something you'd give your best friend in grade school. "H-here, I made friendship bracelets! Well, they don't necessarily mean friendship haha... but they could be promise bracelets!" Yamaguchi said, holding out a yellow and green braided bracelet. "I have another one so we can match!" He smiled brightly at the blonde.

Tsukki was at a loss for words, he was so incredibly touched that Yamaguchi had taken time out his day to make this for him, if he hadn't had so much pride, he'd probably start sobbing. "I- I don't know what to say... thank you Yama I really appreciate it" He said, a giant smile forming on his face. Yamaguchi was bouncing up and down while Tsukishima put the bracelet on, he was so happy he felt like he could die.

"Y-Yama stop bouncing you're making me dizzy" Tsukki said while giggling. He grabbed his arms in an attempt to make him stop. They looked at each other's eyes and slowly started leaning in, they were about to kiss, until...

"Hey guys we're going on a walk wanna come??" Akiteru had yelled, opening the door and coming in uninvited. Yamaguchi and Tsukki quickly jumped back. "I- uh yeah we're coming..." Tsukishima said, a little startled but mainly disappointed he didn't get to kiss the freckled boy.

Akiteru left as quickly as he came in, leaving the two boys alone once again. They smiled at each other awkwardly before Yamaguchi walked over to their bed to get his sweater.

Yamaguchi smiled at Tsukki before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door. "C'monn we don't want to keep your parents waiting"