Author's note~

Heya! It's me the author heehee you can call me ardo or yamasgf i guess, uh anywho i wanted to jump in and say some things so...

i'm sorry i haven't updated in a hot second, i've been kind of busy with school and all, and i've also slowly started losing motivation to continue (adhd am i right?) BUT! i do really want to continue this fic seeing as its my first ever "continuing" story i guess ?? i've mainly only written one shots (i also posted some here heehee shameless self plug go read em!) so i really would like to continue, i think my biggest reason for not having motivation is that i started this without having all the details figured out yet and i was too impatient to wait until i did aha... i also feel like it'd be a little boring because there isn't really a "climax" or some type of drama (i mainly wrote this as a 100% fluff self indulgent fic because i was depressed about another tkym fic i read and it had a bad ending...) ANYWHO !! if you have any ideas for a plot climax thingy i guess or overal wanna see something, don't hesitate to tell me!! i'll for sure appreciate it! and uhh i'm glad you're enjoying my fic so far haha every vote and comment means the world to me and helps me motivate myself to continue! (i thrive off of praise 👀) UHHH this is probably getting super long and annoying bUT i just wanted to say some thingys heehee and i hope this lil message will help you get to know me/my personality better! (i've always liked when authors have little "authors notes" in their works because it helps me kind of figure out what type of person they are!! so i hope this is that for you i guess aha, THIS IS KINDA GETTING LONG IM SORRY I HAVE A LOT TO SAY!) uhhhh yeah, OH here's some background info bc i was rereadinf my fic and kinda cringed (but that's means improvement right??) so yea!!  (you don't have to read it cause it's kind of long aha but if you'd like to have more
background info id recommend reading!)

in the prologue when Yamaguchi and Tsukishima were calling and talking about "surprises" or smt, two club members started dating!! i'm not going to say who exactly (because frankly i do not know) BUT it can be anyone you like!!

Yamaguchi's family situation is that, he has a single mother (dad walked out when he was young) and mainly spend his childhood at his grandparents! (idk if i'll mention them though... perhaps we'll see !)

Tsukishima's family situation is uhh well, he has both his parents so normal i guess, but his father isn't really a very "active" parent i would say, he wasn't neglectful really but didn't do much effort to form a bond with both akiteru and tsukishima when they were young. so despite him being a good father, he kind of lacks on the affectionate side (and like i mentioned he works most of the time so they don't really see him that often either). therefore Tsukishima heavily relied on akiteru to be the "strong male figure" in his life (i feel like this would tie very well into canon, especially that whole tsukishima and akiteru arc in season 2 and explain how he seemingly heavily relied on akiteru and why we never got to see tsukki's dad in canon)

also yamaguchi has a hamster named hotaru! (the name comes from the fact that you can read the characters for tsukishima's first name "Kei" (蛍) as Hotaru! (they also both mean firefly) and i thought that'd be a fun thing! this is also kind of inspired by that one chapter in the haikyuu spin off where yamaguchi had covered the club room walls with pictures of Tsukki after the other members said you can hang picture of your "idol" (adorable right??) so i feel like he'd name something after tsukki but tsukishima would probaly he embarrassed if yama named a hamster after him so i decided to go with another way to read tsukki's first name!! (i know this probably doesn't make sense but-) and uh this has absolutely no importance to the story whatsoever (i might add like a mention though we'll see) but i thought it was funny! uhh yeah this is getting almost as long as a normal chapter would (it's like i'm blathers! once i start talking about something i'm very into i don't stop haha)

IF YOU'VE READ TO HERE THEN CONGRATULATIONS!! you are officially cool! have a cookie also follow my instagram @yamasgf (same as here) I MAKE EDITS!! OCCASIONALLY!! thank you for reading whatever this mess is (that is bound be to full of grammar and spelling mistakes because i did not reread it heehee) ILL TRY TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER AS SOON AS I CAN (i have a draft in the making) UHHH STAY SAFE!! WEAR MASKS DRINK WATER!! UHH BLM, ACAB, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!! sign some petitions or donate to some websites! my twitter (also yamasgf heehee) has a link to sign a petition to bring justice to George Floyd so please sign that! remember, if you choose to stay silent you have chosen the side of the oppressor! GOOD DAY!!