Chapter 2

Tsukishima woke up. He had fallen asleep Akiteru rage quit Uno, considering he hadn't won once. He sleepily looked around. Outside all he saw was highway. He looked to his right and saw his small freckled boyfriend laying on his shoulder, breathing slowly. He was asleep. Kei smiled at him, he looked cute. He looked a little further to see his idiot brother leaning on the window, sleeping also, who was snored loudly, he wondered how Yamaguchi slept in these conditions, though he wasn't complaining.

After properly waking, Tsukki decided to grab his phone, trying not to move too much in an attempt to not wake the sleeping boy using his shoulder as a pillow. Yamaguchi moved, which made his head fall off the blonde's shoulder. He landed face-first into his boyfriend's lap and shot up out of panic. He looked around in dismay before calming down at the sight of Tsukki's chuckle.

"Good morning" Tsukishima said fondly at the boy. He reached to his cheek to wipe the drool off his face. Yamaguchi blushed and smiled. Tsukki saw his dad looking in the rearview mirror at them and quickly stopped. He wiped his hand on his pants and buried his face into his phone, hoping his dad saw none of that.

"What are you doing Tsukki?" Yama asks. The blonde looks at his phone, that he turned on in fear that his dad would see him and Yamaguchi acting like a couple. "Uhhh I'm texting the group chat?" he says, wondering why he had opened it in the first place. "They're talking nonsense like always though". He exits out and opens up Instagram. As he scrolls down a bit, Yamaguchi leans on his shoulder once again. 

He quickly got bored of scrolling though and put his phone away. He reached to his backpack and got out a console. He turned it on and started playing this game called "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". Kenma had recommended it to him, they started chatting after the tokyo training camp. He wouldn't say they are super close though.

His character ran around aimlessly. "Hey wait over there!" Yamaguchi said while pointing at his screen. Tsukki made his character walk over and found a sword. "You've got a good eye Yama" Tsukishima complimented him. They both blushed a little and Tsukki continued playing.

At a certain point the car took a turn and started the slow down. Both Yamaguchi and Tsukishima looked out of the window to see where they were. A gas station. Tsukishima's mom parked the car and turned around in her seat. "Had a nice nap boys?" She said while smiling warmly. Her smile reminded Yamaguchi a lot of Tsukishima's smile, though she probably smiled more then Tsukki. They both nodded. "We're going to have lunch now". The boys opened the car door and got out, Yamaguchi stretched, feeling his sweater rise and the cool air blow onto his stomach.

He looked over to Tsukki, who was teasing his brother. He had opened the door while Akiteru was asleep and leaning on it, causing him to fall and get brutually stopped by his seatbelt. Tsukishima was laughing really hard, it might've not been for the right reason but seeing his boyfriend laugh made Yamaguchi feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

They all walked towards a small restaurant. Yamaguchi and Tsukishima were somewhat behind. They walked closely, brushing their hands against one another frequently. They both yearned for each others touch.

As they got seated, Yamaguchi was conversing with Akiteru and Tsukishima's mother. Tsukki wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying though. He admired how Yamaguchi could hold a conversation so smoothly. As he looked away from his boyfriend, he locked eyes with his dad. He had the same stern expression as always, Tsukki never knew what he was thinking, even if he was his son.

After a bit of chit chat, they finally got their food. They all dug in and ate while maintaining small talk. "So how's practise?" Akiteru asked Yamaguchi. "Oh, It's great! I've been working on my serves and I think I'm getting pretty decent at it!" Yama replies with a smile growing on his face. "So how's Kei doing?" Tsukki's dad asks, pretending he isn't right there. "Uhh, well he's good! His blocks have been getting better and better..." Yamaguchi says, a blush forming on his cheeks.

Akiteru quickly saves Yamaguchi from the awkward situation and starts talking about himself. It was a relief really, Yama isn't the best at keeping secrets. As they all finished, they walked over to the gas station shop to stock up on some snacks.

Tsukki went to the fridge and picked up some iced coffee. He walked around a little until he bumped into Yamaguchi somewhere in the back of the store. They stared in each others eyes before the blonde reached out to hold the green-haired boy's hand. Yamaguchi felt his face heat up all the way to his ears, the butterflies in his stomach made him feel like throwing up (in the best way). All he could do was smile and slightly squeeze Tsukki's hand.

They stood there for a bit, smiling at each other awkwardly before Akiteru ruined their moment. "Have you guys chosen what y'all wanna get?" He said from a few aisles further. The two boys let go of eachother's hand, and walked toward the cashier. Yamaguchi had a few packs of fruit gummies. He was about to bring out his wallet when Tsukki told him it was on him.

"Huh? No no I can get it myself" Yamaguchi said while taking out his wallet. "I insist, I'll get this for you as a gift" The two went back and forth before Akiteru cut them off "Ugh I don't care who pays! Just hurry up! You guys argue like an old couple!" The word "couple" made the two flinch. Tsukki ended up winning their "argument" and payed for Yamaguchi, only after he promised him he would let him pay next time.

They got back into the car, Tsukki opened cup of coffee and took a few sips, it was really sweet, although he didn't mind too much. He looked over to Yamaguchi and asked him if he wanted some. Yamaguchi isnt really into coffee but he took a sip either way. "It's good! It's really sweet" Yamaguchi said while smiling. "You can have it if you want..." Tsukki mumbled. "Thanks, but no thanks, if I drink the whole thing I probably wont be able to sleep tonight!" Yamaguchi chuckled.

Tsukki took another sip, this time blushing hard, he had just indirectly kissed Yamaguchi.