Chapter 7

POV: Tony Stark

I was about to start yelling at the guy I ran into, but I stopped when I saw it was only a kid.

His already big eyes became even wider, looking like alien saucers. "Oh my gosh! I- I am so- so sorry, sir!" He looked around furiously for some paper towels.

I was about to say it was okay before the kid had a full on panic attack.

"Stupid Peter... Am I going- going to loose my internship bec- because of this?  Actually, you know what- what? Don't even tell me, I know I'm fired and I'll never come back and oh everyone's gonna be so so disappointed in me! Stupid Peter!"

Half of what this kid said was too hard to understand, but I think he said his name was Peter.

He finally located the wipes and began to try and remove the stain. Little did Peter know that he was only making it worse.

Peter also started rambling to himself, talking really fast. I still hadn't been able to contribute a single word to our, well let's just say, "conversation".

Then, the elevator doors opened and revealed Pepper holding my sleek laptop and looking down at her Stark tablet. Peter didn't notice and also failed to realize that he had spilled coffee on the Tony Stark.

"Okay okay, sorry sir, and I'll be right back with the coffee." The oblivious brunette ran right by Pepper while she glanced at him confused. I just merely shrugged and watched Peter trip over himself and slide into the elevator, where he looked up to speak to FRIDAY.

"What was that about, Tony?" She asked, planting a kiss on my cheek. "Spilled some coffee on me by accident."

She frowned. "Oh, well Steve said you left your laptop in the meeting room." Pepper handed it to me. "Thanks, honeybun." I watched her turn and walk back to the elevator and head up to the common rooms.

POV: Peter Parker

I headed back up to the coffee machine on my work floor and head up to the lab again. This time, I saw who I had spilled coffee on. Tony fucking Stark.

"Hey kid, you know I'm not going to fire you right?" I could feel myself turning red as I admired my hero, who I looked up to daily.

He snaps his fingers in front of me which knocked my head out of the clouds. "I am so so sorry, Mr. Stark," he looks at me for a second trying to decipher something, but I continue, "Wait, I'm not going to get fired?" Mr. Stark chuckled and I let loose a shaky breath.

He then ignores my question and instead asks me a question, "Aren't you the new intern? From uh... What's it called? Midtown Tech?" I nod, "Yes, sir. Er that's me, Peter Parker."

He looks me up and down, probably making note of my bruises and cuts and worn down cloths. "Can I ask you something?" Mr. Stark says softly. Before I could even answer or think of a response for all my injuries, he asks, "Why are you delivering coffee and not in a lab?"

Holy shit. I assumed Mr. Stark would ask about an entirely different topic. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Well, er... Aren't I too young?"

"What kind of bullshit is that? Lemme guess... They also said you wouldn't understand it?" He looked at me quizzically. I swallow and nod, wondering where this was going.

"Look kid- Peter... That's some total BS right there, and I've seen your test. What do you say about helping me in the lab as my personal assistant?"

I couldn't breathe. Tony Stark, Ironman, genius, Playboy, philantropist, billionaire, was offering me the chance to be a personal assistant in his lab. "I would love to, Mr. Stark!"

Maybe I had some good luck after all.

Words: 656