Chapter 8

POV: Pizza Carpark (you know who I mean)

Patrol that night was pretty lame, well it might be interesting for other people, but this usually happened on a daily basis.

I think I had a broken rib, several cuts from a broken window, and my broken nose from earlier definitely wasn't healed. The only thing that was new was my gunshot wound.

A man shot my left leg, right below the knee while I was interrupting his attempt to rob a bank. He was in police custody now and that was really nice, for I saw the brokenness in his eyes. Is that what I look like too?

I swung through Queens until finally I stopped on a building and promptly collapsed. "Ahhh fuck!" It hurt like hell and I knew I had to remove the bullet.

I blinked the tears from my eyes which was making my mask damp. I looked around for something with a sharp edge and saw a triangular shaped piece of glass wedged under my boots.

I winced and tried to tell myself it wouldn't hurt. I took the glass and started to cut around where the bullet hit on my suit. Then, I pushed deeper and deeper into my flesh, screaming and yelping like the weak kid that I was.

Lucky for me, it hadn't penetrated anything, and I had almost removed the small metal bullet, but my Spidey sense tingled before I could fully grasp it.

"Hey kid, can you come with me?" The ironman stood- no hovered behind me. I guess he hadn't seen my injury despite the pool of blood starting to form. "No can do, tin man."

My voice sounded hoarse, but I tried to make it sound deeper. "Are you okay- wooah!" I think he noticed the blood.

I didn't say anything and managed to get the bullet out with one last triumphant pull and scream. Then, I webbed up my leg and slowly got to my feet to face ironman.

"You have to come with us, Spidey. Your hurt and we can help you."

"And I said no, so get lost," I tried to say that firmly with my voice disguised, but I couldn't replicate the deepness from earlier. Ironman seemed to suspect me, but didn't say anything. "Well then," he scoffed, "I guess we'll have to use force."

Two things happened at once, or was it three? Four? I couldn't think straight.

Hawkeye jumped out from the shadows of another rooftop and fired an arrow my way. I did a side flip to dodge and then webbed up his hands and the tin man's. Then, my senses warned me of something else and I ducked just in time to avoid Captain America's shield.

"That thing doesn't obey the laws of physics at all!" I panted and watched, mesmerized by the red, white, and blue shield as it soared into Cap's hand.

He charged at me and I leaped above him and webbed him up, but I missed the landing a little and luckily caught myself before making impact with the stone.

"Nice talking to you, guys!" Then, I jumped off the building ledge and started home. I don't think the Avengers knew what to expect from me, and were certain I would accept their ever so kind offer.

I felt  yet another tingle to my side and felt someone start to pursue me. Then, they stopped without further explanation.

***

I rode the elevator up to the lab feeling uneasy. I kept moving the balance to one foot or the other and it hurt to apply pressure on my left foot. I must've broken it while on patrol last night- or this morning actually, since the fight was after midnight.

I thought about my fun with the Avengers last night. I couldn't let them take me in. They would experiment on me and think I'm too young to fight. They'd think I'm weak.

After what seemed like hours, the doors slowly slid open to show the pristine lab. I tried to step in but found myself unable to move, to think, or even speak.

"Hello...? Earth to Peter!" Mr. Stark's voice snapped me out of my daze and I gathered my courage to walk, ignoring the persistent pain. "What happened to you kid?"

He knelt down a little to look at me on eye level. I saw... Worry highlighting his features? "I'm fine, sir, can we get to work?"

He gave me a look that said, are you really? At least he didn't say anything and led me over to where his damaged suit sat across the white lab table. "Had an accident last night in a fight... I need help reprogramming the face plate."

"Yeah sure, but can I ask what happened?" Mr. Stark thought about it for a minute, and then asked quitely, "Can you keep a secret?" Man, if only he knew.

I nod. "We're trying to recruit Spiderman, or crime fighting spider, spider-ling, or spiderboy..." I nod and pretend to look interested. He changes the subject and we get back to his armor.

Like hell they were trying to add me to the team. They just wanted weak, pathetic Peter Parker to kill and make into their lab rat.

**I've been thinking about changing the title lately... So what do y'all think? Maybe something like how Peter is like two different people and to match the cover. I have a few ideas so let know if you think a change is in order.

I was also wondering about what ships you wanted to see, so how we vote?

Spideychelle

Spideypool

Stucky

List anymore here!

Words: 945

Aztecl out