𝟏

October 12th, 1987

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

October 12th, 1987

"Look, if you wouldn't have come back earlier from work this wouldn't have happened!" He yelled, his fists clenched as he was ready to punch his, now ex-girlfriend, right into the face.

"You're cheating on me and even dare to put all the blame on me? You asshole!" She shouted, hot tears streaming down her face as the stupid record player still played that one song of Led Zeppelin.

"I just- I- just get out!" He finally growled, trying to control himself for the last seconds he would spend with her.

"You're not going to throw me out-" She protested, quickly storming into their bedroom to collect the most important things.

"Get the fuck out before I hurt you!"

"You already hurt me, bastard!" She screeched. And with that comment, he grabbed her by the collar of her black blouse, shoving her out of their house.

Out of his house, to put it the way he would say it.

And there she stood, dumped and left alone on the dark and cold streets of Los Angeles on this life changing October night. Shivering, she pulled the worn out black shirt in her hands closer to her chest.

The only thing she managed to take with her.

But where was she about to go? She didn't have a boyfriend anymore and her broken family lived in 3 places all over the United States. It would've been impossible to reach one of them as soon as she could.

The idea struck her like lightning. Her best friends apartment. He lived only a few minutes away, so she could easily get to his apartment in less than 10 minutes. Why didn't she think of this earlier?

Just as she started to walk, heavy rain began to fall from the thick clouds that were hanging above her head since the afternoon. Just great. Cold October rain.

Almost freezing, shivering and soaking wet, she banged on her best friends door a couple of minutes later. Her throat was dry, her eyes full of fear, anger and sadness and her clothes were soaked and cold.

The blonde man opened the door, staring down at his best friend, completely confused.

"Duff." She breathed, pulling him in for a hug. The warmth of his body caused a comfortable feeling to appear in her body.

"Dia, what happened?" Duff asked, his arms holding her small, trembling body even tighter against his strong and warm one. "Come in."

The girl gladly stepped inside Duffs apartment, sucking in the stuffy air as she turned around and gave him a tight lipped smile, flashing her red and swollen eyes.

"He cheated on me, put the blame on me and threw me out shortly after." She suddenly blurted out, plopping down on Duffs old couch.

The way she looked at him, the way she tried not to show any sort of emotion or hurt, it broke his heart. He wanted to be there for here and he most certainly was, but sometimes he still asked himself how to handle her. How to handle his best friend for over 5 years, who was now sitting on his couch, crying over a toxic guy that never really loved her anyways.

He wanted to tell her that he was fake, that he was toxic and mean, but Duff didn't want to make Dia even sadder, or angrier.

"I did everything for him, you know?" She cried, sniffling into Duffs chest. "And this lying piece of shit had nothing on his mind but betray me with this slut."

"Dia, come on. Breathe." Duff whispered. "In and out."

He knew how to keep Dia aware of a panic attack and he did everything he could to protect her.

She slowly followed his instructions, feeling herself calm down.

"Dia, I know that you are hurt. You've been with him for the past three months, you even moved in with him two weeks ago. You thought he was your forever, hm?" Duff asked, causing Dia to sniffle into his chest as he ran his long fingers along her arms.

"Y-Yeah." She choked out. On the one hand she hoped that all of this was a nightmare and she would wake up soon, on the other hand she knew that he wasn't worth crying over anyway.

"We're gonna get over this, together." Duff promised, causing a small smile to appear on her face. He was the best. "First of all, you take a shower while I get you some of my clothes, huh? Oh, and what about a hot chocolate? How does this sound to you?"

"Great." Dia whispered, forcing herself to smile.

She stepped out of the shower a few minutes later, sliding Duffs way too big shirt over her head. The boxershorts he had given her weren't even necessary, because the shirt was covering all the essential parts. As she walked out of the bathroom, she could smell the delicious scent of Duffs infamous hot chocolate.

This reminded her of old times. She could remember the first time she broke up with another boyfriend. Dia and Duff weren't that close back then, but she still made her way over to him to talk to Duff and drink hot chocolate with him. And that's how they became best friends.

"There you go." Duff murmured as he placed to mug full of hot chocolate in front of Dia. She smiled down at the mug, but then she stood up and started walking towards Duff.

"Thank you." She whispered as she felt hot tears forming in the corner of her eyes again, ready to spill out at any given chance.

And this "given chance" turned out to be Duffs following words.

"I love you, Dia. So fucking much."

She smiled and started to cry at the same time.

"I love you too, Duff. Forever."