Spade King x Werewolf!Reader

Requested By: InkSpadefangirl

//Bonus Chapter//

I worked for the King of Spades, was it a terrible job? No, not really. In fact, I kind of enjoyed it. I get to do my own thing. The only time I worked for him is when he's in a bad mood, I was an emotional support "animal" in some sense. Whenever the king is having a bad day or is in a bad mood I change to my werewolf form and let him pet my fur to calm him down. 

So a bad job? Nope. I got free pets. Hehe

..

I laid lazily, napping over a pile of beanbags that Lancer found out in the forest. Sleeping happily until my sleep was intruded by Roulx calling out my name. Opening my eyes groggily I look over to slim man. "Huh..?" I ask confused, still trying to remember where I was. 

"Sorry to bug'th thou, but'st the King is having a bad time right now." He apologized, having me aware of the little issue. "Oh, Don't be sorry Roulx, anything for the king." I grin, slipping from the beanbag pile. 

"Thank'st." Roulx's smiled thankfully, clasping his hands together as I walked past his taller figure. 

Walking down the hall I got closer to the main room, pressing my palms onto the doors I steadily opened them. Glancing in I see the spade king slouching in his throne, staring off into nothing as large bags hung under his eyes. 

I smile with a concerned tone, changing my form and rush next to the throne, nudging my snout under his arm, leading him to smile weakly as he began slowly petting me. Yet, it didn't seem the same... His petting kept stopping, and would only continue if I nudged him more. 

"Sir...? What's wrong? You're acting differently from usual." I ask glancing up at him, still in my werewolf form. A light shoulder shrug could be seen, I could tell all energy was drained from his being. "How can you tell.." Spade asked, his voice low and gruff like he hasn't gotten a minute of sleep. "I can tell by how you pet me, they're different from how you usually do it." I sigh, 

"Sorry." he mutters. Tilting his head to look in the opposite direction from me. "Don't be sir. Just making observations." I uttered, looking back up to his face. "So... What's on your mind?" I inquired. 

"A lot of things." he replied flatly.  

"Like..?" I questioned further.

He let out a deep sigh, glancing at me for a moment before returning to his previous position. "I'm just dealing with mental issues. A big mix of stress and depressive thoughts...It doesn't matter." He mutters, slouching further into his throne. 

I furrow my eyebrows, incredibly concerned for his well-being. "Sir? ...What kind of depressive thoughts?" I ask, lifting my head up from the arm rest. "Huh..? The spade king looks at me in a confused manner. Seeing how concerned I looked. His eyes widened, leaning back closer to me. "I-I didn't mean like t-hat. I would never-" His words pause, glancing off the side with furrowed brows momentarily. Shaking his head he looks back at me, "No, I would never do that. I- I have too much to look after... The kingdom, Lancer, ...you." Spade king explains, patting my head. 

My eyes widen slightly before relaxing once more, realizing his pets felt like how they usually do. 

"Me..?" I ask, not realizing he felt like he had to protect me as well. "Well... of course. You're apart of this kingdom and I wouldn't be able to get by without you..." He smiles lightly, grateful for my existence. 

"Thank you sire, I will be by your side until the day I die." I rest my head back down onto the armrest, knowing that I was able to lift his spirits by even a little. 

"...Thank you... Y/n..."

...................

I'm realizing this one was kinda like my last King of Spades x Reader... Oof.

Well, I might do this again! I enjoyed going back and writing more of these! Let me know if you want me to do this again sometime.   :)