A Good Start

"How?" she asks with her low voice. "How to be happy?"

"You create it," Mina quickly answers. "You make your own happiness, Chaeng." Mina draws herself away from Chaeyoung, looking at Chaeyoung's red eyes. It's weird to say this at the moment, but a frail and soft Chaeyoung is really something to Mina. It makes Mina wants to protect her. It also makes Mina says, "or I'll make it for you."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened at that, but she doesn't say anything. She cries even harder, and she draws Mina closer, hugging her like it's all what she needs right now. And Mina willingly be her cry place, even if later, she could end up with snot in everywhere. She doesn't care. All what she wants to do right now is comforting Chaeyoung, making her feels better.

As Mina hugs Chaeyoung, her heart tells her something. She likes Chaeyoung, definitely. But obviously, it's not a right time for them to become a real thing, and Mina doesn't even know about Chaeyoung's feeling towards her. And what Mina could do right now is to promise. Promise to herself, that she would never let this girl go. Never.

12 A Good Start

"So, you're going to meet Tzuyu?" Mina asks again, wanting to make sure that she heard it right. Beside her, Chaeyoung nods, looking beyond her, which is a beautiful sight of Seoul city from the height of 21st floor. It's 8 pm and the sight's so wonderful and pretty. They've been sitting there for minutes, just enjoying the cold breeze, talking about what Chaeyoung would do after this.

"I can't run away forever, though." Chaeyoung sips her wine a bit. Mina warned her to not drink too much because she gets drunk so quick, but she insisted to enjoy her wine. "If I want to find my own happiness, then I have to face my fear, and meeting her is a good start."

Mina halts, looking at Chaeyoung who looks forwards. "You sure you'll be okay?" Mina asks in concern, suddenly the image of Chaeyoung having a panic attack passes her mind. It still looks awful, no matter how much Mina's been thinking about that. "You want me to go with you?"

At this, Chaeyoung turns her head, smiling at Mina fondly. "That's sweet, Mina. But, I'll be alright. She was my sister after all." Chaeyoung sips her wine again. "She was a good kid back then, and I'm sure she doesn't change much."

Mina smiles, nodding, agreeing with Chaeyoung. "She's indeed a good person." Yeah, Mina's pretty sure with that. Tzuyu was all polite and kind, and also soft when they talked about Chaeyoung the other night. And also, she's a vet. Mina always thinks that people who like animals are a good person with a soft heart, and Tzuyu might be one of them. "But, please tell me if something goes wrong."

Chaeyoung turns her head to face Mina. The older girl looks worried, and it warms Chaeyoung's heart. It's been a long time since she feels this way. This warm, is really comforting, really amusing. And so, she smiles, touched by Mina's concerned words. "Okay. I'll call you right away when things go wrong."

And then, the silence continue. Mina watches Chaeyoung silently, her mind is imagining if Chaeyoung go out with Tzuyu and the panic attack happens. It's not like Mina's good at handling it, because apparently, she only experienced it once with Chaeyoung. It's not like she doesn't trust Tzuyu either. It's purely because she's worried of Chaeyoung, and really wants to look up after her.

When Chaeyoung's about to down her wine, Mina quickly but cautiously stops her from doing that. "No, no, Chaeng. You really need to stop drinking this," she takes the glass from Chaeyoung's grip, receiving a confused look from Chaeyoung. "You get drunk fastly, and a glass of wine is enough to make you completely drunk."

Chaeyoung merely watches Mina emptying her glass, couldn't say anything. She knows Mina's right, it's better for her to stop right there. Geez, she hopes she's good at drinking.