December Baby

~ *Flashback* Back to December 2019 ~

Gulf turned over in his bed and unlocked his phone. Scrolling on Instagram, he started his day by looking at people's pictures. Some were artistic, some looked visually appealing, and some were just so-so. The so-so ones he ignored, unless he personally knew that person, then he would reconsider.

He was just about to like a photo posted by someone he knew in Canada when his phone rang. His manager was calling him again to check if he was up already. Gulf rolled his eyes. It's not like he sleeps 'til late all the time!

Well, maybe a little bit more than usual now that the filming of TharnType was all done. Now he can finally sleep more and play more games! And video chat with P'Mew 'til late.

P'Mew, Gulf smiled, thinking about his senior. He missed P'Mew! He hasn't seen him in what seems like forever! They both have been extremely busy with their individual schedules. He can't wait to celebrate his birthday with him and his family! He can't remember exactly when or how, but Mew has quickly become part of his extended family, and vice versa. Mew's mom even mentioned before that she has two sons at home, Mew and Gulf. 

His phone continued ringing...

"Oh shit!" Gulf cursed as he hurriedly answered the call before it got dropped. "I'm here, P'Best!"

"Nong? What took you so long to answer? Did you just wake up?" His manager sounded doubtful.

"No! Of course not. I was just on Instagram." And was thinking about P'Mew. He almost added the last part. Not that it'd matter, his manager already knows.

"Well, get ready then! I'll come by in a few," P'Best said. "So, are you excited yet? For your first ever solo fanmeet?"

Gulf's heart suddenly jumped out of his chest. He almost forgot about it. How can he forget?? Oh no. Now he's getting really nervous! "Yes, phi. I'm excited."

"Hmm? You don't sound like it. Are you nervous, nong?" His manager asked, concerned.

"Yes, phi," he answered in a small voice. (uwu)

"Well, don't be! Everyone loves you and they can't wait to see you! Especially since it'll be your birthday soon! This will be extra special for them, and for you too!"

"I know, it's just that.. I hope P'Mew can be there, too."

His manager sighed. "I know, Gulf. Same here. It will be a bit easier for you if he is there. But he has a different schedule today, and I heard it's a really important one. There's nothing we can do."

"Yeah, I know. He told me last night." Gulf couldn't help the disappointment in his voice.

His manager bit his lip from the other side of the line to prevent himself from saying something he shouldn't. "Okay then! Cheer up, my handsome nong! Go get ready. We'll get your favourite lunch on the way, how's that?" And I'm sorry for lying. Please forgive me later, na!

"Okay."

~.~

Gulf looked at the crowd. Taking in all the wonderful faces of their fans, their waanjais, their eternal warriors. He couldn't help but radiate a grateful smile. Without them, he would be nothing. He wouldn't be here right now. And he wouldn't have gotten the chance to be with Mew. He owed it all to these wonderful faces that are currently wishing him happy birthday right at this moment.

"Thank you na, krap! Phom rak na (I love you)~~" Gulf made a heart sign with both of his hands for everyone.

The fanmeet was just about almost done. All that was left was apparently a birthday message video for him, coming from none other than his P'Mew.