I'm Sorry, It's All Me

No matter how great or strong a relationship is, it is bound to encounter some troubles along the way.

Clashing of opinions, jealousy, misunderstanding, lack of communication, insecurities, pride, and inconsistency. These are just some of the problems that could, and would, arise.

More often than not, it is quite hard to accept that you are on the wrong. It goes against human nature. But it becomes easy once the risk of losing your important person runs high. Only then would you backtrack and see where you went wrong.

Because once you've realized you might lose that person, then you're just about ready to do anything, including owning up to your mistakes, just to keep them with you.

And sometimes, you even have to accept mistakes that aren't your own to begin with. Now, is that healthy? Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on the circumstance.

Both Mew and Gulf are aware of this. However, if it's written in the stars, then it's bound to happen. 

No matter what road it has to take.

~.~

*Ding*

Mew heard his phone go off, indicating he has received a text from someone. He debated on reaching for it, for the millionth time today. After all, he didn't want to disturb his currently focused self. I need to get started on my research paper, he gingerly thought. That text can wait.

So he turned back to writing his paper, feeling the stress build up in him again. To say he woke up stressed today was an understatement, nothing else is on his mind right now but the paper he has to write. Lately, he has been really good at procrastinating, he almost got himself a medal for it. Haha, very funny Mew, he chastised himself.

Right from the moment he woke up today, his morning consisted of drinking coffee, stressing out about his paper, and ignoring his phone as he tried his best to focus on the task ahead. So when it rang again, he let it fall onto deaf ears as he buried his nose further under the books.

Got to remain focused, he repeated the mantra to himself.

This went on for a long while..

And after what seemed like eternity, Mew finally decided to take a break. Picking up his phone, he went over to his kitchen to make more coffee. As soon as he turned on the espresso machine, his phone vibrated again. He quickly glanced at it and saw that it was a notification from twitter, the bird app.

He smiled, What are the wanjaais up to again?

He unlocked his phone and went into his twitter account. Immediately, he could tell there was some sort of a commotion. Tweets were pouring in, left and right, much more than usual. It got Mew so confused. 

What did he do? He has been silent on twitter because of his research paper. Therefore, it can't be him, right?

He decided to look at the posts more closely.

Gulf's name was almost in every posts. What did his boy do now? He thought, slightly amused. Mew hasn't paid any attention to him at all today, he has been preoccupied with his paper.

Maybe he did something to get my attention since he wasn't getting any today. He smirked. Although, unfortunately, it'll have to wait.

He glanced at the espresso machine and saw that his coffee was just about done. He sighed, Back to work it is, and almost exited the app when a specific post caught his eye.

He stopped dead in his tracks and clicked to expand it.

It was a post about Gulf apparently liking someone's picture on Instagram. It made Mew shake his head. This was what got everyone riled up today? But then he scrolled down the thread and saw pictures. Screenshots, to be exact.