chapter one

will's pov:
i walked into the wheeler's garage wanting to leave as fast as i possibly could. mike followed me into the garage as i tried to get away. mike started speaking but even though i didn't want to listen, i did.

"will, come on," mike said catching up to me, "you can't leave, it's raining." i didn't care if it was raining or not, but i definitely didn't want to talk to mike. "listen i said i was sorry, alright," as i said nothing. "it's a cool campaign, it's really cool, we're just not in the mood right now." i finally exploded.

"yeah, mike, that's the problem, you guys are never in the mood anymore. you're ruining our party." i shouted, my anger rising by the second.

"that's not true!" mike retorted.
"really, where's dustin right now?" i argued back to get my point across. mike kept quiet. "see, you don't know, and you don't even care, and obviously he doesn't either and i don't blame him," i said breathlessly, "your destroying everything, and for what, you can swap spit with some stupid girl." i yelled when mike finally argued back quickly.

"el's not stupid, it's not my fault you don't like girls." mike yelled back at me. i could feel my heart miss a few beats, it felt like i just got stabbed in the side as mike finally cut deep with his words. all i could do was stare back at mike with shock. when he finally realized what he said was not right. "i'm not trying to be a jerk, ok?" he said softer than before as i just stared at him.

finally i got the courage to bite back, "actually, it is your fault mike." i got on my bike and started riding away. i could feel mikes eyes burning into the back of my head in confusion. i started crying and i knew if i looked back he would see it.