chapter three

mike's pov:
in attempt to get will off my mind, i went over to el's house. i knocked on the front door and hopper answered the door along with a low "hi mike." it was almost like he was trying not to be heard saying it, but i'd gotten used to that type of thing since i spend so much time with el. i walked over to el's room and plopped down on her bed. i knew i had a scrunched expression and el could tell something was up.

"mike? what's wrong?" el asked.
"nothing, everything's fine el," i lied.
"mike, friends don't lie," she replied, seeing right through my lie.
"ugh ok, fine," i sighed, "i'm worried about will."
"why?" she looked at me slightly raising her eyebrows.
i told her everything that happened and everything i said.

el sat there silently and listened as i told her about it. one of my favorite things about her, she's a great listener. she finally said "i can find him and we can check on him."

"that would be great!! thank you so much el." she put her blindfold on and i quietly waited there for her to say something.
"i found will," she whispered.
"what is he doing? is he ok?" i asked her excitedly.

"he's on the carpet, and he's holding something," she whispered again. "he's holding a picture, it's of you and will," she continued to explain what was going on. "he's also crying, a lot. saying he was so stupid to ever love you?" she said it almost like a question. my heart started beating rapidly, that's what will meant.

will's pov:
i pulled out an old photograph i had of mike and i. we looked so happy. in the photo mike and i were eating breakfast at my table. my mom had made us pancakes. mike had spilled syrup all over his lap and we were laughing, and having a good time. at first i smiled at the old picture, but then i started sobbing.

i missed those days. "i was so stupid to ever love you," i murmured to myself. i just lay on my hard floor crying until jonathan came in.

he slowly approached me asked what was the matter. i decided it was a good time to tell him about mike.

jonathan wrapped me in a hug telling me he loved me no matter what. it was the first time in a while that i had felt loved.