chapter four

third person pov:
mike lay awake in his bed, he couldn't sleep. he knew he needed to go talk to will and apologize for being an asshole, but what should he even say. especially with the piece information he had found out the previous night.

he groaned as his mother called him down to breakfast as he glanced at his alarm clock, 7:30 it read. mike slowly crept out of bed, walking towards the bathroom.

he looked in the mirror. the bags under his eyes were quite visible and his eyes were slightly bloodshot. i look like such a mess, mike thought to himself. mike finally decided he should go downstairs and eat. mike grabbed his breakfast and told his mom that he was going to the byers house, still having no clue what to say to will.

meanwhile at byers home:
will lay comfortably on his bed fast asleep.  he was woken by a knock at his door, "come in" he half-shouted groggily. will rubbed his eyes and yawned, expecting to see his mother or jonathan in the doorway. to his surprise, it was
mike.

"can we talk?" mike quietly said with hope in his eyes. will groaned, annoyed that he was woken up to this.
"what do you want mike," will replied, trying his best to sound annoyed.
"look, will i'm sorry for what i said," mike walked over to the boys bed and sat down next to him

"it doesn't matter,"  he whispered. which was a total lie, and they both knew it. will was just trying not to cry at this point. he tried avoiding all eye contact, but it didn't work. mike reached up to wills face and turned will to face him. will was turning pink in the cheeks and mike had butterflies.

"it does matter, and i know it does," mike said inching towards will. mike surprised himself with what he did next, he leaned in and closed the gap. will awkwardly sat there in shock. he eventually started giving the same energy back, but will then remembered something. eleven. will pulled away after that thought.

"m-mike, you have a girlfriend," will scolded him breathlessly.
"i um," mike stuttered, trying to find words to say. they sat there in awkward silence until mike started making sniffing noises. he was crying.

"mike?" will reached for mikes hand to hold it, surprising himself. will had no idea where his confidence came from. mike slowly looked up at will, not sure what to do. will decided to give mike a hug to try to calm him down. do i like will? mike wondered. mike had no idea how to tell el. turns out, he didn't need to. she knew.